quick Q about JBL amps (owner needed)

he said one time when he 1st ran it at 1 ohm he blew the fuse at the batteyr but he was playing it at full volume for over an hour and he has a shitty hyundai elantra. im sure it gets warm, but every amp ive had gets warm. id say your fine with it.

he said one time when he 1st ran it at 1 ohm he blew the fuse at the batteyr but he was playing it at full volume for over an hour and he has a shitty hyundai elantra. im sure it gets warm, but every amp ive had gets warm. id say your fine with it.
that would mean hes not using a big enough fuse....nothing to do with being the amps fault.

I used to have a jbl bp600.1 stable at 1 ohm, pumpin two type r's, I never had a problem with overheating, and it put out about 700 RMS. I loved that amp...until it got stolen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

Hey guys i too am looking at buying this amp to power 2 12 inch type r's. The specs say 600 rms at each a 1 ohm load and 2 ohm load. But would it put out more in a 1 ohm load than a 2ohm load even tho it says at each 1 and 2 ohm load its 600rms? Also magplad, were ur two type r's hit pretty hard? I know i wont be dissapointed with sq but im thinking with only 300watts to each it wont be as loud as i want...

Hey guys i too am looking at buying this amp to power 2 12 inch type r's. The specs say 600 rms at each a 1 ohm load and 2 ohm load. But would it put out more in a 1 ohm load than a 2ohm load even tho it says at each 1 and 2 ohm load its 600rms? Also magplad, were ur two type r's hit pretty hard? I know i wont be dissapointed with sq but im thinking with only 300watts to each it wont be as loud as i want...

yeah...they hit very hard, I never lacked any power with that amp. Its been tested at 1 ohm to put out over 600W RMS. Hook everything up parallel for a 1 ohm load and you won't be dissapointed. I think its one of the best matches for 2 type Rs. I have also used the profile 1200 amp on the 2 type Rs and that hit almost as hard as the jbl.

that would mean hes not using a big enough fuse....nothing to do with being the amps fault.
but hes used the amp for over a year now on a elemental sub and then on 1 12" type r and has played it very loud on long trips with no problem. you dont think running at 1 ohm made any difference?

but hes used the amp for over a year now on a elemental sub and then on 1 12" type r and has played it very loud on long trips with no problem. you dont think running at 1 ohm made any difference?
yeah im sure running at 1 ohm made a little difference. since theres less resistance. but fuses do that sometimes if u play it really loud for a long time, happened to me alot before i learned to tune my system properly. **** happens. inline fuse blowing isnt the amps fault. Users fault for either tuning the amp to push too hard or not having a big enough fuse. JBL amp at 1 ohm should have 80amp fuse at the least, and that will last with the gain low, like i have it, otherwise they will blow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.