quick pulsing blue LED's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lightninghoof
10+ year member

USA
Does anyone know where I can find or order some very fast pulsing 12v LED's? Sort of like the ones on the new police cars.

I would like them to be small and esentially invisible on the inside of the car, but bright enough to see at night when triggered to act as a major deterent. I found something like this online but they only flash like one pulse per second, which would be good as a "flash when armed" LED but not as a "flash when triggered" LED.

Surely there has to be something like this out there.

thx

You're going to jail, homie.
Nah...I'm goin to college homie.

I've done **** like that in class with 5 Vdc. Would work with 12 V just as well. Just gonna need to change some component values and all that.

To the OP, if you've got a college nearby with an EET or EE degree program, go talk to one of the professors. Most of em love to help out students (pretend to be a student) and love little projects like this.

I actually think you have a cool idea.

You could trigger the input to the clock either by tapping into your dome light wire or your wire to your siren (if you have an alarm) if you're wanting them to blink when the doors open or when the alarm goes off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.