sundown x18 vs dc lvl 4 m2

• sundown x 18

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • dc lvl 4 18

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list
Good luck with the baby girl my girl is due on the 3rd!!! I am excited lol anyways I would lean towards sundown, both are good sounding subs but the x apparently have pretty good sq and massive excursion and that adds up to one great "sql" sub. Can't go wrong with eother but I love that fat surround! Keep us posted with what you get and how you like it

Sure will man and my girl was due on the 3rd too.. I hear dcs soft parts tend to be the weak point on their subs. Both will likely only see rated.

Im no nuthugger, but ima say the sundown. A few points to take into account below.

The X18 has 10" diameter spiders, always a winner for me. Better SQ and smoother punch due too less spider noise.

X18 has a more powerful motor, higher xmax, lower fs and Qts meaning it will demolish the lows better.

The DC has a better coil imo, dunno why sundown uses CCAW for the sundown x.. maybe slightly better BL at the cost of more moving mass and worse cooling?.. Either way, the DCs coil will handle slightly more power.

I dunno just some thought, maybe start a debate. xD

Yeah I am leaning toward the sundown. The dc has slightly more cone area due to less beefy looking surround. Both are close in price and from reputable places. I really want one of each but not gonna happen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...