Quick Kicker ZX750.1 Question

Participant count
  • Participants list

thedivision
10+ year member

I'm about to buy a Kicker ZX750.1 mono amp for my 15" RE SE15.

The box will be ported and tuned to 34hz.

Kicker specifications say "Frequency response: 20-200 Hz"

and "Crossover frequency: 50-200 Hz"

Pictured here:

IMG_0143.jpg

Does that mean I can't run it with my sub/box properly (tuned to 34hz)?

Thanks

The x-over frequency is where you want your sub to play up to. Most people have their x-overs set somewhere in the 60-80hz range. It all depends on your application and what sounds good to you.

So it will still support my sub/box thats tuned to 34hz? I don't have to adjust anything on the amp to 34?
It will work perfectly. Like said above, get the dual 1 option and wire it to 2 ohms. This will show you how

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=12

Keep your bass boost at 0

You'll have to adjust the x-over to your liking once sub is installed

Be careful with the gain. Don't just crank it all the way up.

iirc , those amps have an on or off subsonic filter fixed at 25hz. the adjustable xover on the amp is your low pass. like mentioned most people set it between 60-80hz.

as long as you set you gain accordingly and dont play too much material thats below tuning youll be fine.

btw , they are nice amps.

So I'm assuming this guy doesn't know what he's talking about...

Cutoff frequency is 50Hz and my Kicker cvr12.2 subs can handle as low as 25 Hz. Before I bought, I saw a review just like this one but with so many good reviews I ignored it. DON'T IGNORE this review!!! I had an A8000V amp before this one and it handled frequencies MUCH lower than 50 Hz. Just to show how bad 50Hz is, even some regular door speakers today will handle 50Hz... That is some really high-end bass(not a good thing). I would say a good one-third of the songs on my iPod barely(some not at all) play through this amp because these songs that had bass with my old amp won't play bass with my new zx750.1. It just proved to me that the cutoff frequency of 50Hz removed all the low rumbling bass that I like most. ... PAY ATTENTION TO FREQUENCY RANGES WHEN CHOOSING AMP!!! They prove to be just as key to good bass as wattage does.

So I'm assuming this guy doesn't know what he's talking about...
nope. somewhere on his HU , his settings were off. or he is just stupid.

ive had one of these on my TC oem 10 and it sounded great. just wasnt enough power for that particular speaker. and im positive plenty of people on this forum has either had one, or use one today with no problems.

Also, any cons to buying used amps as long as they are in proper working order?
Thanks for the quick responses.
as long as youre buying from someone who took care of the amp , it will be fine. ive bought a couple amps from here that are still going strong.

be sure to check feedback/referances to see exactly who you are dealing with before hand.

it eliminates the lower frequencies that *can* damage subwoofers. kinda like how the lowpass rids of everything above what its set to. the subsonic gets rid of everything below that point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.