Quick Fix

ChedNompton
10+ year member

I've been trying to figure out how I can stop these voltage drops from happening, but can't get a HO alternator until I get a new car. I'm dropping from 14-15 down to 10.5-11.5 on hard bass hits, which, of course, comes with bad dimming. I can get a yellow top for $85 used, but would that help the problem or make it worse? Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do that isn't going to be part of my car (ex. Alternator) that will help the voltage drops?

Upgrade your big 3, buy the yellow top. Run 1/0 from the + and - on the front batt, to the rear batt and then wire your amp directly to the rear batt...

The way i did it was run + and - from the front battery to the rear battery. Then, everything is grounded to the battery in the rear. This should help to prevent creating a ground loop. (At least that is what i have gathered from reading up on here.) And yes, use all 1/0 on this wiring to keep from having to upgrade wiring in the future.

Forgot to mention I've done the big 3, and should I run another run of 0 gauge for the negative or just ground it to the chassis (battery)?
I use a 1 farad capacitor to help my voltage drops. While it didn't completely eliminate the dimming, my amps stopped going into protect mode.

Just a question, I've been told that batteries do not help anything except pull more from the alt, they are just as helpful as caps is what they said. Are they full of **** or are they on the ball?

P.S. I know this battery isn't going to eliminate the problem, but I am expecting it to help out until I get my new car and a HO alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.