QUick Amp-turn on wire question

jriley3
10+ year member

Hey, ill have two amps running in my car, so for the blue amp turn on wire, do i just run both of them to the head unit and connect all three together? can i just run one from each amp about 1 foot, then have both amps wires connect to one main one that runs to the headunit and connects to one. is that how u do it?

actually the best way to do it is...

run one remote wire to one of the amps. Then take another remote wire and run it from the remote terminal of the first amp to the second amp. Its called "daisy chaining" or something.

This is only good for up to 2 amps. If u have more, u should use a relay.

Running a relay for multiple amps is a good option, but not always necessary. Depending on how much current your headunit is sending through the remote wire will determine how many amps it will work on. The amount of current required at the amps is so small that you shouldn't have an issue running several amps off one remote wire. Like it was stated above, it's easier to run one wire from the headunit to the first amp and then one wire from that amp to the remote on the next one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.