Question

There's no reason if that's what you want. Lots of people here beeline their boxes. I guess I'm old and like the look of charcoal color carpet 😳

I’ve never used bed liner so no idea what the differences are. My thought is do some research, or maybe watch some videos on each brand and see what people think; probably not going to help much, but perhaps worth 20 minutes of browsing around. I would try to find the one that dries the fastest and hardest, but probably hard to really say on that. I’d also want it to be a two part with hardener to help. If it’s all meant to do the same thing, I’m guessing it’s going to work similarly on a subwoofer box as spokey9 said. edit: and yeah as I said I have never used any bed liner, so zero experience with any of it.

Last edited:
I guess if you like the look, I saw a local install that was all bedlined in the backseat area of a truck and even though it didn't match the interior it looked pretty tough.As far as quality you usually get what you pay for.
On something like a blow thru for a daily use truck that's going to be exposed I'd think it would be a smart finish.

If you’re just going for the look of bed liner you can use textured spray paint. The advantage of that is their are several colors to choose from to match your interior.

I use bedliner quite often. Works well and is more durable than paint for sure. If you want a different option with texture, the “Stone Creations” paint works well and covers a lot of blemishes. You can also paint over it with any color. I used some on my little portable Bluetooth build recently. I’ve used it on enclosures with excellent results also.
2B85C0D8-2A78-4A66-A9A5-F02CF89AA9E4.jpeg

I use bedliner quite often. Works well and is more durable than paint for sure. If you want a different option with texture, the “Stone Creations” paint works well and covers a lot of blemishes. You can also paint over it with any color. I used some on my little portable Bluetooth build recently. I’ve used it on enclosures with excellent results also. View attachment 58476
That Bluetooth speaker looks pretty cool. The last couple years I’ve been thinking about building something similar out of old speakers/ subs/ scrap wood but haven’t gotten around to it. I have a few small Bluetooth speakers and they just aren’t that great when I’m in the yard or driveway working on stuff.

I’ve never used bed liner so no idea what the differences are. My thought is do some research, or maybe watch some videos on each brand and see what people think; probably not going to help much, but perhaps worth 20 minutes of browsing around. I would try to find the one that dries the fastest and hardest, but probably hard to really say on that. I’d also want it to be a two part with hardener to help. If it’s all meant to do the same thing, I’m guessing it’s going to work similarly on a subwoofer box as spokey9 said. edit: and yeah as I said I have never used any bed liner, so zero experience with any of it.
What do you use?

What do you use?
To be honest I don’t use anything. Haven’t carpeted a box in 20 years, I just leave them bare wood as I like testing stuff, swapping stuff around, subs, boxes, amps, etc, so hasn’t made any sense to carpet or apply any finish; nothing I put in my car is permanent so no reason to finish it, unless I put in a temporary prefab box already carpeted. But, when I have finished a box, it was in box carpet or spray paint or exterior house style paint.

To be honest I don’t use anything. Haven’t carpeted a box in 20 years, I just leave them bare wood as I like testing stuff, swapping stuff around, subs, boxes, amps, etc, so hasn’t made any sense to carpet or apply any finish; nothing I put in my car is permanent so no reason to finish it, unless I put in a temporary prefab box already carpeted. But, when I have finished a box, it was in box carpet or spray paint or exterior house style paint.
Okay makes sense

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...