Question.

creary21
10+ year member

I have a question, it might be a dumb one but I am stumped. My truck got wrecked in an accident, and it was getting fixed so i just took the deck out and we were going to put it in my friends truck because his got broken into and they took his deck. So we just cut the harness when we took it out, and then after my truck was fixed, we hooked the head unit up color - color, as right as it was before, and the deck wasn't working. I took some time and did some thinking, and just did it again, except i hooked up the antenae wire and it got power to it....i do not know why its working but it is. So if somebody could tell me why my deck only works when the antenae cable is plugged in that would be sweet. But now that my deck is up and running, my speakers aren't working? I don't know what the problem there is. All of my amps are working, but my factory speakers in the dash and door, nothing comes out of them. Could it be the coils are blown? I need some help?

Thanks

your antenna is grounding the deck, recheck the main ground it may not be sufficiently secured to allow the deck to power and the antenna adds just enough to get is working.

this is also not a speaker question

thanks, thats exactly what i thought about it acting as the ground, but it kind of is a speaker question because i was asking why they wouldn't be working also. But thanks for your help. i'll try that out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.