question

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
is the pioneer deh 3400 a good headunit

looks like 1 set of pre out puts, i'm interested in this amp, but my question is - can i hook up an amp to it (usx 2080), i wanna run 2 kicker comp 12's off that amp and headunit...

feedback pls on this hu and will the amp be hooked up to that pre out put or to something else?

will this hu play cdr?

most cd players will play cd-r but you have to take into considerating if you plan on upgrading to multiple amps or anything. 1 set of pre's aint gonna do much. would be better to buy something with mabye front and backs, and subwoofer.

all matters what your money permits you to do though.

well this hu will be only needed for 1 amp for sub usage, the girl doesn't want an amp to power her high's, she keeping that factory.

That should work fine then. Even if she wanted to add another amp later on you could always y them, get an eq with fader/sub out or a multichannel amp for the system. Most multichannel amps have a provision so that they can work with only 1 input then you would just use the pots to balance it out.

thanks a lot for the info....

now seems as though she wants a jvc b/c of the price

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

well i don't know about jvc being a pos, but i did think that the pionner was better, but she disagrees and thinks the jvc is fine...

ummmm.....yeah if it makes her happy and if you get the chance just to ask her if she wants the quality.....unless she wants to spend more money on a quality JVC but then i would go with a lower end pioneer and get better quality. That's just me

cant help it but if she can save up for a better HU it would give her a better smile after or in thelong run. BTW. what is the RMS on the KICKER COMP - is this a COMP VR?? do you think USX2080 is kinda small on wattage. though im no t familiar with KICKER COMPS. id better check the RMS on that. go with type r man! a little more than COMP on the GREEn but way better on the QUALITY of sound it brings. well. if she doesnt want it - its up to her anwyays. just putting in some 2 cents.

rms of the kicker comps is 150 watts per sub and i'm getting 2

that amp is 80x2 @ 4ohms (and i'm not running it at that)

i'll be running it either at

140x2@ 2ohms

or

280x1@4ohms bridge..

which is enough for the (really, i only want to put 125 watts to each of those subs).

and besides the price of the subs are only 120$ for the 2 and that's including shipping..

that usx 2080 is only 85+shipping!

also i think we'll get more spl from the 2 12 kicker comp's vs 1 type r 12

and she isn't looking for quality she just wants some bass.. those subs will provide that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.