Question - Time Aligning Subwoofer in Trunk

Participant count
  • Participants list

anuking

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mumbai
Hey Guys,

This is my first time with this forum so please excuse if there are any mistakes in my writing. I'm trying to setup my car audio and have a few questions.

Following is my setup
Hyundai Accent Stock HU (8" Touch with Android Auto/Apple Car Play)
Rockford-Fosgate-T1650 S Components in front doors
Rockford-Fosgate-T1650 Coaxials in Rear
Rockford P500-4 Channel Amplifier
Audison Bit 10 DSP
Blaupunkt XLB - 300A (12 Inch, Active Subwoofer)

Now following are my questions,
1. For Components the frequency response as per spec sheet starts at 46Hz, Can I set my Crossover at 60HZ with 24db/Octave Slope (this sounds better, but I don't want to hurt my speakers in long run), or 80 Hz with 12db/Octave Slope (a bit conservative)
2. Now here's the main question, let's say the crossover point for my system is at 80Hz (LPF for my sub in trunk which is facing away from passengers). I can't get great bass all across the cabin, if it sounds great in front the rear passengers suffer, sometimes with just thump in their back and no bass. If I invert the subwoofer phase, the bass sounds great in the rear seat but almost nothing in the front. All the distance from my speakers and Subwoofer has been correctly measured and fed into the DSP. I can't seem to find a middle ground where it sounds great to everyone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Avnish

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.