***question reguarding sub ohms!!***

Participant count
  • Participant list

Potent Domain
10+ year member

IIGHT SO I HAVE 2 BOSTON ACOUSTICS G5 10" WHICH IS RATED AT 450w @ 4OHMS EACH IN THE MANUAL........ ON EACH SUB THERE IS EITHER AN 8OHM OPERATION FUSE SETTING AND A 2 OHM SETTING....IF THE SUBS ARE RATED 450 WATTS AT 4OHM, HOW MANY WATTS IS REQUIRED FOR 2OHM OPERATION AND WATS THE EASIEST WAY TO CALCULATE THIS?...I SEARCHED BUT CANT FIND A DIRECT ANSWER TO MY QUESTION....IM PENDING A SALE ON AN ALPINE MONO AMP RATED 800w @ 2OHMS AND WANT TO KNO IF THIS AMP WILL BE OK....

your subs are actually dual 4 ohm, so they can be wired to 2 ohms or 8 ohms. unless that alpine is 1 ohm stable it's not the right fit. 2 dual 4 ohm woofers wire down to being 1 ohm.

subs don't care about ohm ratings, they will take any power passed on to them, it's the amp that cares about it because it produces different power output at different impedances. you want an amp that will do ~1000w @ 1 ohm (450 per sub)

your subs are actually dual 4 ohm, so they can be wired to 2 ohms or 8 ohms. unless that alpine is 1 ohm stable it's not the right fit. 2 dual 4 ohm woofers wire down to being 1 ohm.
subs don't care about ohm ratings, they will take any power passed on to them, it's the amp that cares about it because it produces different power output at different impedances. you want an amp that will do ~1000w @ 1 ohm (450 per sub)
gooootcha!! thanx alot!!

AudioQue AQ1200D will do the job nicely //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I love it so far except for the bass boost remote makes it start clipping when i only turn it up like 25% but don't really need that much boost heh.
Thread jack.

That bass knob isn't a "boost." It's basically a gain knob that goes up to wherever your gains are set. If you're clipping at 25%, you have your gains up way too high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.