***question reguarding sub ohms!!***

Potent Domain

Apr 11, 2011
Boston, Ma
IIGHT SO I HAVE 2 BOSTON ACOUSTICS G5 10" WHICH IS RATED AT 450w @ 4OHMS EACH IN THE MANUAL........ ON EACH SUB THERE IS EITHER AN 8OHM OPERATION FUSE SETTING AND A 2 OHM SETTING....IF THE SUBS ARE RATED 450 WATTS AT 4OHM, HOW MANY WATTS IS REQUIRED FOR 2OHM OPERATION AND WATS THE EASIEST WAY TO CALCULATE THIS?...I SEARCHED BUT CANT FIND A DIRECT ANSWER TO MY QUESTION....IM PENDING A SALE ON AN ALPINE MONO AMP RATED 800w @ 2OHMS AND WANT TO KNO IF THIS AMP WILL BE OK....

Kangaroux

I put on
Dec 26, 2010
Maine
your subs are actually dual 4 ohm, so they can be wired to 2 ohms or 8 ohms. unless that alpine is 1 ohm stable it's not the right fit. 2 dual 4 ohm woofers wire down to being 1 ohm.

subs don't care about ohm ratings, they will take any power passed on to them, it's the amp that cares about it because it produces different power output at different impedances. you want an amp that will do ~1000w @ 1 ohm (450 per sub)

OP
P

Potent Domain

Apr 11, 2011
Boston, Ma
your subs are actually dual 4 ohm, so they can be wired to 2 ohms or 8 ohms. unless that alpine is 1 ohm stable it's not the right fit. 2 dual 4 ohm woofers wire down to being 1 ohm.
subs don't care about ohm ratings, they will take any power passed on to them, it's the amp that cares about it because it produces different power output at different impedances. you want an amp that will do ~1000w @ 1 ohm (450 per sub)
gooootcha!! thanx alot!!

Ninesvnsicks

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
AudioQue AQ1200D will do the job nicely //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ninesvnsicks

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
I love it so far except for the bass boost remote makes it start clipping when i only turn it up like 25% but don't really need that much boost heh.

Ninesvnsicks

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
I love it so far except for the bass boost remote makes it start clipping when i only turn it up like 25% but don't really need that much boost heh.

TaylorFade

I fail.
Dec 18, 2009
Baton Rouge, La.
Thread jack.

That bass knob isn't a "boost." It's basically a gain knob that goes up to wherever your gains are set. If you're clipping at 25%, you have your gains up way too high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds