Question regarding Viper 5900

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zesty
10+ year member

Dumb question, but is this thing supposed to page you when your alarm goes off? Because mine doesn't. Only when I disarm the alarm does it display the alarm/trigger info. I have tried to go into programming mode and turn paging both on and off....either way I get no page alerting me to my alarm going off.

it should. only think that would cause it not to is if your out of range of it. concrete building and steel dont help the range.
Yeah I work inside a huge cooler and I don't get reception through those walls. My cell phone doesn't work either so hard to knock it for that though.
I'm pretty impressed with the range definitely.

*Edit* Got it installed at a local car audio shop. They have a pretty solid rep for good honest work(though rather overpriced). I feel like they did a very nice clean job.

Ok, I just about have this thing where I want it. The sensitivity is just about perfect for me, all my entry points+hood are wired, the system is paging me fine and I am extremely happy with the range and overall quality of the product and install. I still have a couple questions:

1- What is the difference between Zone 1 and Zone 2? I don't fully understand what either one of these is linked to, and how the system can tell the difference between the 2 inputs.

2-My alarm is set so that it only sounds for 30 seconds when triggering....I want it to go as long as possible. I see in the manual it states it can be set to 60 seconds, or even longer with the use of some tool. Can I at least change the setting from 30 seconds to 60 seconds by myself? If so how do I do this?

Thanks in advance you guys have been awesome.

you can change it by yourself it is in the install manual and u have to use the valet button. or if you know anyone with a bitwriter you can use that and set it to any time you want up too 180 seconds. i have a bitwriter and i set all of mine to 180 that way people pay attention. you can try going to a shop and seeing if they will do it for you might have to throw the dude some $$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.