Question on upgrading electrical

Plero2747

So I'm doing a complete overhaul on my power wires and everything else, I'm currently running 4gauge CCA wire, and upgrading to ofc. It's going to be powering my crescendo 1500.1 amp on two sq hds212's, I was wondering if I should bump up to 1/0 ofc? I also plan on getting a bigger batt and doing the big 3 as well. Was looking at the knu koncepts install kit and it seemed like a pretty good deal.

i only saw one definitive question ( I was wondering if I should bump up to 1/0 ofc? )

yes you should for sure 0 awg OFC from knu is very good

i only saw one definitive question ( I was wondering if I should bump up to 1/0 ofc? )
yes you should for sure 0 awg OFC from knu is very good
Thank you, didn't know if you would chime in with a different brand or anything! I seen theyre sold out of their 1/0 gauge kits. if I didn't go with them, any other recommendations? I seen skyhigh, they seem almost comparable in pricing.

For some reason the first time I clicked the link it took me to the kca set, I was looking at that dual amp setup and it's the only one they had in stock out of the two, thanks!!

absolutely use 1/0 ofc NO cca.... 1/0 welding cable will work GREAT also.
Thank you! That's what I planned on doing, trying to accumulate everything together and just wait for one nice day, take my time and get it all done in one swoop! Did you have any advice on my previous question above, about grounding? I have my ground ran now through a distributor block, is it better that way or to have separate grounding points?

That kits only CCA, wouldn't it be better if it was ofc?
that knu link is ofc

Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Kit - Merchandise

Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Kit

Brand: KnuKonceptz

Product SKU: KFX-PK20

Availability: In Stock

Weight: 13.3

Price: $132.99

Fuse Size 1 Fuse Size 2 Fuse Size 3

QTY

Add to cart

3 2

Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Kit

Description

Specifications

Product FAQ

Related Products

Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Installation Kit. This kit was designed to simplify a dual amplifier installation by including all parts required to power a high current, two amplifier system.

KnuKonceptz Kolossus amp installation kit's feature our top of the line Kolossus Fleks power and ground cables. Made up of ultra flexible pvc and ultra fine tinned strands of oxygen free copper (OFC), the Kolossus Kable is the standard for which all others are compared to. The KFX-PK20 amp power kit provides 18 feet of blue power wire and 2 feet of translucent black (smoke) ground wire. The KnuKonceptz FH-20 fuse holder comes with your choice of fuse size (see the FAQ to determine what size is right for you.)The fuse holder does not come installed within the cable, this allows the installer to place the inline fuse holder in an optimum location during installation. It also allows the installer to extend the power wire 1-3' by using the inline fuse holder to add cable to the main run (leaving the 18' as one unit and using the FH-20 to "splice" a few extra feet of wire should your installation require a longer run)

Additional Speaker Wire and RCA's will be required to complete your installation. Please note the installation guide (PDF) available for download when installing this product.

- See more at: Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Kit - Merchandise

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.