Question on sealed enclosures specs?

joem1cha3l
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a JL Audio 10" W6V2. Im looking to make a custom enclosure for my truck but i have a question. Does it need to be built to the same size as the manual specs or can i build it to just meet the same volume in different dimensions and achieve the same results?

Yeah, volume is most important. Just dont make the box super skinny to wide if you can. And add the subwoofers displacement to the internal volume of the box to account for the space itll consume. (Like they said)

^Of course, but the JL spec for a sealed should be a good all around alignment. Mainly, if he is asking this than different volumes arent too pertinent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I use bedliner quite often. Works well and is more durable than paint for sure. If you want a different option with texture, the “Stone Creations”...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...
Nothing to add to this, Just wanted to say good luck and that I miss MiniDisc. OH!! Is that a Japanese Radio Tuner or does it get stations in the US?
That would be fantastic! Id love to see the skills involved here. It always intrigues me to see some customizing from small and detailed to large...

About this thread

joem1cha3l

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
joem1cha3l
Delray Beach, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date