Question on 4.8,5.3,6.0L-Intake?? Mechanics help

Participant count
  • Participant list

MEMPHISFLEX
10+ year member

-------
Chicago,IL
Got a 2001 Chevy 2500 silverado, with the 6.0L got it off ebay, they delivered the truck, had no oil pressure, thought maybe its just a oil pressure sending unit, but when we checked the oil, it was milky, it has anti freeze in the bottom end, now the motor still runs fine, but it idels high, and its dumping anitfreeze from somewheres, and not alot but some. My question is did the 6.0L LS series truck motors have intake manifold problems? And do they have coolant passages in the intake manifolds?

Got a 2001 Chevy 2500 silverado, with the 6.0L got it off ebay, they delivered the truck, had no oil pressure, thought maybe its just a oil pressure sending unit, but when we checked the oil, it was milky, it has anti freeze in the bottom end, now the motor still runs fine, but it idels high, and its dumping anitfreeze from somewheres, and not alot but some. My question is did the 6.0L LS series truck motors have intake manifold problems? And do they have coolant passages in the intake manifolds?
I think that is the black plastic intake. If you take the intake tube off you can see a big gap inbetween the intake and top of the block. Might be off. But if it is. NO coolant even goes into the intake at all. Its all in the heads.

Another thing If you do have coolant in the bottom end and its running okay now it wont be for long. Dexcool blows motors fast. Your going to be putting in a motor in soon then. But Im sure you havent been driving it though.

Yup, no oil pressure + milky oil = blown headgasket, or worse. It's not an intake manifold problem. You can compression-test if you want to see where it's blown (which bank), aside from that, start looking at a rebuild.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.