question for jl fan out there

viebotls
10+ year member

Hayward
I have been a JL fan for a while now and recently I got introduce to this site and all I be hearing is about Fi, re, and treo so that got me into doing some research now Im really a big fan of FI audio I'm planning to switch from two 12 jlw3v3 to one 12 or 15 FI Q power by a sundown 1500d but before I do that I just wanna know from all the JL fan out or was a JL fan their experience from switching from JL to different brand sub like FI and RE not necessary have to be FI or RE how is the quailty compare to JL, have your had any regret, have you ever think about going back to JL let me know your experience.

I have been a JL fan for a while now and recently I got introduct to this site and all I be hearing is about Fi, re, and treo so that got me into doing some research now Im really a big fan of FI audio I'm planning to switch from two 12 jlw3v3 to one 12 or 15 FI Q power by a sundown 1500d but before I do that I just wanna know from all the JL fan out or was a JL fan their experience from switching from JL to different brand sub like FI and RE not necessary have to be FI or RE how is the quailty compare to JL, have your had any regret, have you ever think about going back to JL let me know your experience.
introduct to this site and all i be hearing is about..... have you ever think about going back to jl, wow. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

jl makes great subs

the difference is those other companies subs get louder when compared correctly

jl has better sq in many cases

jl also tends to cost more

having owned every current jl sub besides the w7 i think that qaulity in build and sound is on par with most other companys, i have or had xxx 15's,treo ssi 10's, sx 10's, alpine type x 12's and alot of other subs and was very pleased with all of them. dont hesitate to try re, fi, treo or other companys like stereo integrity or image dynamics they are all great subs.

I have owned RE Audio (15" sexxx), Adire, Orion, Pioneer before JL. Straight up i'm pretty darn sure speaker wise to what i have there is the same quality out there..same with amps... but the W7, from what I have owned is the best. Now i know RE audio, not so much Fi, but they make a soild product that that could sound just as good.

Besides the price, there isn't so much different between JL quality and other brands. I work at a shop so i get cheap ****, cheaper than what i can get anything else on the net. When i get bored with my stuff, i'll try something else.

I have owned RE Audio (15" sexxx), Adire, Orion, Pioneer before JL. Straight up i'm pretty darn sure speaker wise to what i have there is the same quality out there..same with amps... but the W7, from what I have owned is the best. Now i know RE audio, not so much Fi, but they make a soild product that that could sound just as good.
Besides the price, there isn't so much different between JL quality and other brands. I work at a shop so i get cheap ****, cheaper than what i can get anything else on the net. When i get bored with my stuff, i'll try something else.
so ur saying the jl is just as loud as other quality subs that cost 500+

si mag for instance

I have been a fan of JL and still am.... I really think they have the SQ down pat although have heard a lot about the w7 being to "ass" heavy on the low end.

What makes JL something that I like is that they dont need a lot of power to get them working to their full ability, as well as they dont tend to need a big enclosure. For example: the w7 needs only a 1000-1500 watts on its 12 to get going and almost to its fullest intent, and only recommends a 1.75 cu ft box for its enclosure

Overall I think what JL does is great, they have a true market for they are doing. Some say they are way "overpriced" but yet still cont to sell it to an extreme. You also in an extent get what you pay for, and rarely hear ppl on here say that JL subs arent good sounding subs, you will just here that there is better for your money, which is an opinion of most.

Same with their slash amps as far as the different setting available

sure there great subs

but they sell quantity based on name

u can get same quality for the price

doesnt mean there bad just expensive

basically you can search thru many threads arguing this point as far as the quality of JL...liked by some, hated by some...Its the same with every product.

I wouldnt hesitate trying re, fi, or treo.....as far as I'm concerned these companies make quality products and you shouldnt steer away from them for any reason

basically you can search thru many threads arguing this point as far as the quality of JL...liked by some, hated by some...Its the same with every product.
I wouldnt hesitate trying re, fi, or treo.....as far as I'm concerned these companies make quality products and you shouldnt steer away from them for any reason
anyone who hates jl has to be based on price or just a liar

they make great subs ..... period

they just charge for them but they have earned it

but thats how capatalism works
u build a brand and make money off it
ok...ppl argue over the price but yet it sells like hot cakes, and ppl want to "bash" JL for keeping their products at a higher price when they see nor have no need to change....

All in all I think for the most part their equipment is properly priced.

I do however think the 1000/1 and w7 are a little higher than they should be.

ok...ppl argue over the price but yet it sells like hot cakes, and ppl want to "bash" JL for keeping their products at a higher price when they see nor have no need to change....
All in all I think for the most part their equipment is properly priced.

I do however think the 1000/1 and w7 are a little higher than they should be.
thats a contradictory statement my brother

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.