Question about wiring!

that is ridiculous. the separate pigtail should be the input, IMO
sony-cdx-gt700hd.jpg

This does not look right at all...maybe OP can enlighten us.

Going back through previous pages here. What I would like to know is why they make these patches if they don't work. Are they really only meant to be temporary, or are some actually supposed to work. Somehow I doubt it. For those of you just reading this, what happened was my RCA left was shorting out, so my guy ''gang'' put a RCA patch over right one with a two way left-right subwoofer split http://www.crazyfordeals.com/ebay/imgs/IL101XLN-Y-1F.jpg

These "patches" as you refer to them are "Y-adapters" and they have their uses. Sometimes permanent depending on the particular install and I keep them around for testing purposes. It was used in your case to test the issue, but once the issue was found, it was adopted as a fix, in which case it was not used as intended.

[quote name='quackhead']@Jaguar
Those RCA's will work..I just like Monster Cable, but that is me. I just got a suspicion that there is an assy line somewhere that spits those things out and about every 3rd one is labeled Kicker, or JL, or....u see my point. lol I have seen some go from $7.50 all the way to $750.00 for a 1 meter pair, just depends on what YOU want.[/QUOTE]
Apparently the reason Monster Cable is disappearing is because of counterfeiters. At this point I would refuse to buy any cable from eBay.
Monster Cable blacklists Facebook, Sears and eBay as 'rogue sites' - Yahoo! News

This does not look right at all...maybe OP can enlighten us.

I believe you. It's just silly. Another reason I avoid Sony car audio. The HU's are like they were designed by slave children in third world countries... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Going back through previous pages here. What I would like to know is why they make these patches if they don't work. Are they really only meant to be temporary, or are some actually supposed to work. Somehow I doubt it. For those of you just reading this, what happened was my RCA left was shorting out, so my guy ''gang'' put a RCA patch over right one with a two way left-right subwoofer split http://www.crazyfordeals.com/ebay/imgs/IL101XLN-Y-1F.jpg
I must apologize, I refer to any RCA cable of any length as a "Patch Cable"..probably a misuse of the term to some. I would refer to a $250.00 5 meter Evergreen as a Patch cable...lol. I do apologize for referring to RCA Interconnect cables as such. What your installer used was a RCA MxMxF Y-Adapter...it was used as a quick fix band-aid, rather than replacing the faulty Rca interconnect cable.

well like has been said they have there place I have a set in my setup my HU has a single sub out so it's split into two before it gets to my gain knob and then from the knob to the amp.

Could someone provide me with the exact name of the wire sitting on top of the head unit here. Really be helpful if you could provide a link where I could buy a new one. It turned out nothing is wrong with my Fosgate wire. By process of elimination/isolation I found out there was a short in that wire. I looks as if someone bit down on it several times with a pair of small pliers.
sony-cdx-gt700hd.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.