Question about wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
I'm going to be getting an HDC3 18 pretty soon, i have a 1500w amp, but not the electrical to back it up, would it be safe for me to run the sub at 500 @ 4 ohms until i upgraded my electrical enough to run at the full 1500, or will it be the same amount of current draw from my car's electrical?

You will be fine. That's a good idea actually. Your amp will draw less current.
haha, thanks.

That's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure I was right before I went and did that.

also, for my electrical, I was thinking 0/1 everywhere with a Kinetic HC-1200 in the back. That should be plenty, only other possible thing i might need to buy is another batt for under the hood, but I think the 0/1 and extra batt should hold me down

It will also help with break in time for your sub.
that was the other thing I was thinking, it will give the sub about a month or two of low power to loosen up.

Keep in mind I used to have 2 12's on 500w so an 18(more cone area) on the same power will be louder than what I'm used to anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.