Question about Shiva & bridged USX2150

leomon
10+ year member

CA
Hey guys,

So my single 12" Shiva is DVC 8 ohm as you all probably know and is wired in parallel so it should be set for 4 ohms right? Sorry if my question is stupid but I've read on the forums that when you bridge an amp, you're cutting the ohm load in half. I'm using a USX2150 in bridged mode.

Basically what I'm asking is, am I doing the right thing by having a Shiva wired in parallel to get 4 ohms with a bridged USX2150 amp or should I wire the Shiva to be at 8 ohms since I'm bridging (which possibly cuts impedance in half)?

The usx 2150 should be 2 ohm mono stable so if you bridge the two channels and run the shivas 2 vc's in parelell to show a 4 ohm load bridging that way you should end up with 2ohm mono. I think, someone correct me if I am wrong

Originally posted by Cosmic Charlie The usx 2150 should be 2 ohm mono stable so if you bridge the two channels and run the shivas 2 vc's in parelell to show a 4 ohm load bridging that way you should end up with 2ohm mono. I think, someone correct me if I am wrong
yes i will correct you. the 2150 to my knoledge is 4 ohm mono, the shivas parallel would make a 4 ohm load and bridged to the USX will be perfect.

So I'm doing the right thing by having the single Shiva wired for 4 ohms then bridging the amp?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Cosmic Charlie The usx 2150 should be 2 ohm mono stable so if you bridge the two channels and run the shivas 2 vc's in parelell to show a 4 ohm load bridging that way you should end up with 2ohm mono. I think, someone correct me if I am wrong
Doesn't this mean I'm giving the Shiva too much power though? @ 4 ohms it's around 500 wrms, if wiring my Shiva for 4 ohms then bridging the amp forces impedance down to 2 ohms, aren't I giving the Shiva way too much power?

Originally posted by Goddyd4me shiva can handle 600w rms....so no your not giving it to much power.......the ohm load the amp see's is based upon how the sub is wired.....
So right now with my voice coils wired in parallel, everything is running along nicely @ 4 ohms in my system?

I was thinking of getting the shiva.

Since we are talking about shiva's here........

CAN I DO THIS:

Ok, i have a 2 Channel amp.

here's the link.

http://mtxaudio.com/caraudio/archive/thunder8302.cfm

if i wire the Shiva in paralel, it will be a 4ohm load... Got that down....

But if i bridged that, would the amp go down to 2 ohms?

Becuz i don't think my amp is 2Ohm MONO stable, only stable to 2Ohm Stereo?

Im kinda confused, can anyone help me???

And if i can't bridge the shiva, will i only be able to run it to one channel;?

Originally posted by more_spl I was thinking of getting the shiva.

Since we are talking about shiva's here........

CAN I DO THIS:

Ok, i have a 2 Channel amp.

here's the link.

http://mtxaudio.com/caraudio/archive/thunder8302.cfm

if i wire the Shiva in paralel, it will be a 4ohm load... Got that down....

But if i bridged that, would the amp go down to 2 ohms?

Becuz i don't think my amp is 2Ohm MONO stable, only stable to 2Ohm Stereo?

Im kinda confused, can anyone help me???

And if i can't bridge the shiva, will i only be able to run it to one channel;?
not quite sure what u mean by wiring in parallel then bridge it(wiring in parallel would be bridging it)...... i would suggest bridging the amp as per the specs....(basicly use the channels it says for bridging) and wire it in parallel from them....that will produce a 4ohm mono load on a single shiva.........

i drew this to help myself..... It's using my 2 channel amp, so bear with me on that.....

Thx to Goddyd4me help i got it right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by more_spl i drew this to help myself..... It's using my 2 channel amp, so bear with me on that.....

Thx to Goddyd4me help i got it right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ok u got 2 wires running from the neg side on the amp, alls u need is 1, just run the 1 to one of the neg on the subs, then run a wire from that neg to the other neg on the sub, do the pos the same way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.