question about re se10

Participant count
  • Participant list

mustangowner
10+ year member

still wangin'
Shelby,AL
I was bored today so i thought id see how much voltage i was getting to the amp at idle, so i checked it and im getting around 14.5 with the radio down (drops to 12.8 on some notes).....

well while i was at it, i checked my voltage at the speaker terminals and was getting around 43 volts on some notes....this is equal to about 925 watts if i did the math correctly (43x43= 1849/2 ohms= 924.5)

My question is...is this TOO much power for the se? i have seen a few people run 900+ to these but on very few occasions. Like i said this only happens on certain notes/songs. I have set the amp per the tutorial, and it should be set to around 850 watts.

any advice or opinions? Thanks

Does your GT come with Mach system?? What module or parts did u need to purchase to install an aftermarket cd player?
Its been so long since i put it in, i honestly dont remember right off hand. I know i had to buy a harness of some type, and i had to bypass the factory amps. Sorry im not much help.

Its been so long since i put it in, i honestly dont remember right off hand. I know i had to buy a harness of some type, and i had to bypass the factory amps. Sorry im not much help.
I'll search myself. Any pics of the system.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was sending 1800 to my pair for a few months (daily driven, at least an hour a day or so), and even after a bass mekanik song at full tilt (or a few...) they wouldn't even get warm to the touch.

Not that I'm saying they positively won't blow, but I think it'll handle it. Either way, I'd turn it down just a hair, even if you take 100w away from it, it won't be much noticeable unless you have it full tilt all the time

I was sending 1800 to my pair for a few months (daily driven, at least an hour a day or so), and even after a bass mekanik song at full tilt (or a few...) they wouldn't even get warm to the touch.
Not that I'm saying they positively won't blow, but I think it'll handle it. Either way, I'd turn it down just a hair, even if you take 100w away from it, it won't be much noticeable unless you have it full tilt all the time
I may turn it down just a hair, just to be on the safe side. But then again i hardly ever play it at full volume, unless i am showing it off. Thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.