Question about putting a "tube" through an enclosure

thedudeabides
10+ year member

This is my first post however I've been reading up on the board for a few months now and have a question that I couldn't quite find an answer too. My question is about the box for my sub.

I have a RE XXX 15" and a Hifonics BX1500D and my car has a hole, or as I call it a "Pass-Thru," from the trunk of the car to the cabin. I think it is for like carrying something long like skiis but I dunno. Should I use this "Pass-Thru" to make more air flow into and out of the cabin by getting a box that has a hollow tube in it from one end of the box to the other? The tube itself does not open a new entry into the enclosure but is itself a way of connecting the air in the trunk directly to the cabin.

Moreover, if this is something that will "work" is it better to do it with a ported or sealed box. I attached a picture for clairification, and yes all the years using msPaint have finally paid off. The gray structure on top is the trunk of my car with the amps against the back seats and the "Pass-thru" to the cabin of the car. Below the yellow box (drawn as ported just for kicks) has my rendition of a tube that will line up with the pass-thru. IF this is not totally stupid then any suggestions for the diameter of the hollow tube? Maybe 4"? 6"? Maybe 2 tubes of 4" each? Will it screw up the tunning (looking at 30hz if ported) ? (Also the displacement of the tube will be factored in for cubes in the box.)

thanks,

dude

why not just have the port line up with the pass-thru? That way you could definitly get the most bass in the cabin without having to deal with all sorts of extra tubes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.