Question about Pre-Out voltage...

yeah man your gonna love it lol it really makes a huge diference, what line driver are you plannin on buying?

you should look in to the mmats eq mp-5(sound quality is dead nice), eq with a built in line driver, love it.

http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/parametric.html
I was looking at either the Audiocontrol Overdrive (in which case I would use it only for my subs where I think I need it most) or the Audiocontrol Matrix (in which case I could also hook up the amp that runs to my components).

Matrix:

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5249/14164/Special-Processors/The-Matrix-Six-Channel-Car-Audio-Line-Driver.html

Overdrive:

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5249/14163/Special-Processors/OverDrive-Car-Audio-Line-Driver.html

Conditions where a 50hz tone with the amp set to 45v, just unplugged the RCA's and checked the voltage with the tone playing.
Thanks for not answering any of my questions. Please answer the following directly...

1) Did you use a 0 db sine wave?

2) What was your volume set at?

3) Did you have any crossovers or processing enabled on your head unit?

4) Did you have any level adjustments enabled on your head unit?

Also, if you are not having noise floor problems and your amp is able to make full power with your current head unit, upgrading to a higher pre-out voltage will not change a thing.

I was looking at either the Audiocontrol Overdrive (in which case I would use it only for my subs where I think I need it most) or the Audiocontrol Matrix (in which case I could also hook up the amp that runs to my components).Matrix:

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5249/14164/Special-Processors/The-Matrix-Six-Channel-Car-Audio-Line-Driver.html

Overdrive:

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5249/14163/Special-Processors/OverDrive-Car-Audio-Line-Driver.html
man those look sweet, how good are those? i never heard of those:) whats there price

1) Did you use a 0 db sine wave?

2) What was your volume set at?

1) A: No i used a 50hz 0db tone

2) A: 19 out of 35 - speakers distort at 25

3) None

4) yea sub level is set to 4 out of 5 (cant get proper voltage without doing this doesnt even come close, with sub level set to 0 from -5 to 5 i get about 19v out of the amp.)

1) Did you use a 0 db sine wave? 2) What was your volume set at?

1) A: No i used a 50hz 0db tone

2) A: 19 out of 35 - speakers distort at 25

3) None

4) yea sub level is set to 4 out of 5 (cant get proper voltage without doing this doesnt even come close, with sub level set to 0 from -5 to 5 i get about 19v out of the amp.)
1) FYI, A 0 db 50 hz tone is a 0db 50 hz sine wave. A sine wave and a tone are the same thing.

2) It's not surprising that your voltage is so low when you have the volume set at practically half volume. Voltage will increase dramatically as you increase your volume.

If you are getting 45 V out of your amp doesn't that mean that your amp is making rated power with your current pre-out voltage? You will not gain output by increasing your pre-out voltage if this is the case.

I am getting 45v but that is with HELP from the deck. If i set the Low on the HU to 0 the sub level to 0 out of -5 to 5 etc i only get 19v out of my amp.

What gives me rated power is when i set the low on the HU to 6 and the sub level to 4. I dont want my vocals to be so loud so thats why its at 19. If i set it on 24 i would have to make my hi go negative because i hurts.

I am getting 45v but that is with HELP from the deck. If i set the Low on the HU to 0 the sub level to 0 out of -5 to 5 etc i only get 19v out of my amp. What gives me rated power is when i set the low on the HU to 6 and the sub level to 4. I dont want my vocals to be so loud so thats why its at 19. If i set it on 24 i would have to make my hi go negative because i hurts.
If its too loud your too old //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

lmao, i have sensitive ears and the vocals get above comfortable for me if i play on 24.

Well i just tuned it to 24, the sub level on the HU was set to 1 the low was set to 0 and the vocals were VERY loud.

I found that the bass output was less than it was before? Im not sure but the Low setting on the HU greatly affects the sound of the bass. I dont think its a "bass boost" of any sorts but if i have the low set to 0 it sounds much quieter even though my amp shows 45v output.

Also with the low set to 0 my components had no added bass at all.

Anyway i have it set back to the previous setting and i think it sounds much better.

BUT this does show that with the volume at 24 and my gain at 90% i can reach rms with minimal addition from the deck.

Edit: with the volume 24 setup i would need atleast 1000 rms watts to have desired bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.