Space available 24x14x10.5

Subwoofer make and model: Sundwon E 10"v2

Subwoofer Size: 10"

Number of Subwoofers: 1

What type of music do you like?: Rock/Rap/Bluegrass

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz): 33.58 according to torres box calculator

Volume : 1.04

Questions: Will this be a good box design for a sundown e 10, attaching the file for torres box calculator and pictures of my sketchupView attachment 26552047 . Have never done a box before so just want to make sure I am doing this right. Also do I need the braces in the corners or no? If I do could I used curved moulding to have a better curve? Any help is appreciated thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Number crunching and model looks pretty solid to me.

I'd also look at adding bracing, not just in the corners - a dowel running top to bottom and left to right should suffice. Maybe a couple front to back too. 1" diameter should do it. It will change the tune/internal airspace a little but nothing you will notice by ear.

you dont need too much port area with the E series and if its a slot port, for the port height you subtract 1.5 from the box height because top and bottom 3/4 mdf pieces = 1.5

tune it around 35-37hz for your music taste.

Ok thanks with the correct port height it's within an inch of their reccommended port area and tunes right at 34.5, I'm debating going with an 8 inch though so I'll have a little more room left over in my car but figure the principle is the same just have to adjust size a bit

Ok thanks with the correct port height it's within an inch of their reccommended port area and tunes right at 34.5, I'm debating going with an 8 inch though so I'll have a little more room left over in my car but figure the principle is the same just have to adjust size a bit
You can have a smaller box with an aeroport, only need 8-11 port per for flared

Yeah I was looking into that but not sure how it would work in my car I will have the sub facing up from a tool well in the back so upwards is the only place that I can pull air from. I like the simplicity of the slot design too. About how much will carpet add to the dimensions? I completely forgot to include that in my calcs of max box size.

Yeah I was looking into that but not sure how it would work in my car I will have the sub facing up from a tool well in the back so upwards is the only place that I can pull air from. I like the simplicity of the slot design too. About how much will carpet add to the dimensions? I completely forgot to include that in my calcs of max box size.
Carpet plays no part in the equation. I think an 8 would be better also......

aeros are much simpler than slots lol, plus you can change the tuning easily to fit your listening preferences.

Well 24" is the absolute max I can have for the outside width of the box, I need to leave a little room for carpet so it'll fit in the tool well. I'll do some more research on the aero ports, slot ports just look simpler to build and brace properly. The other advantage to an 8 is sundown just came out with their E8 v4 that is rated for 400 rms so I'd be able to set my gain on amp to match this (kicker dx 500.1). Only downside is these subs are sold out everywhere so I'd have to find out how long of a wait it'll be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.