question about installing 0 gauge

one more dumb question: should the battery be disconnected when you wire a amp or should the battery be hooked up an then plug the amp in

I'd recommend 12-18" as if you have a meltdown issue not related to that wire, you can unplug the fuse without your hands being right on top of the battery. 6" is dangerously close if you have a direct short elsewhere in the car and are smoking the batt.

Always put the fuse holder in first, and leave the fuse out when hooking up the amp. Once everything is wired, insert the fuse. Leaving the power to the amp hot when you are installing leaves room for a slip to blow up amps/speakers and melt parts of the car. Bad idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.