Question about ebay retailer and alternators in general for a Ford Focus

Participant count
  • Participant list

kr3n

SWVA
I was wondering if anyone has used Bosch alternators and whether or not their quality is decent/good. I was trying to find a decent budget upgrade in the 200-250 dollar range for my stock 110amp Ford Focus alternator and I came across this guy selling a Bosch ho model alternator for about 50% of what they go for new. Bosch AL7590HO

That seemed to be kinda sketchy but it looks like everything he's ever sold is stuff that is like 25-50 percent off of what retail is.

If that is a rip-off I was wondering if anyone could recommend a retailer that has a 150-200amp alternator for a 2000 sohc focus around 200-250 I can find the 220amp ones for my car just about everywhere but I only really need a 140amp or so alternator to safely power my car and the audio system I want to install (1100watt or roughly 80amps at 13.8v) since my car only requires about 40amps to run that would leave a decent buffer that I wouldn't feel uncomfortable with.

You do not need a high output alternator to run 1,100W RMS. Even if all that power is going into the bass the current draw will vary drastically with music playing. Spend the money on upgrading your ground cables, one of the recommended bargain AGM batteries under the hood and a high quality amplifier installation kit.

So my stock 110amp will run it? Ive already done big 3 at 0awg and have a good battery from when I installed my 600watt system except I am gonna rerun amp power and ground from 8awg to 0awg to a distribution block then 4 from there to the amps.

Would you recommend running the ground back to the battery or to the chassis? I dont care to use twice as much cable its only like 1.25 a foot plus shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.