question about bridging amp and wiring in parallel

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im goin to use a 2ch amp that is mono bridgeable and 2ohm stable. Im goin to bridge that amp and wire 2 4ohm speakers in parallel for a 2ohm load on amp. It will be my front door speakers. I also need a 4ch amp I will be using for the speakers in the front kicks and back doors. My question is what am I goin to lose running my 2ch amp this way just my ability to balance those speakers in the doors. My fader should still work correctly as long as I use the signal input off of the 4ch fronts. Please inform me if im missing something or am thinking this wrong. I have all the speakers and am ready to order my amps and just wanna make sure im understanding everything correctly and I don't make any mistakes. Thx much

don't do what you're planning. stereo separation is important. few amps are 2 ohm stable in bridged mode.

just wire the speakers in stereo on the amp. if you want more power, a 4 channel amp can be bridged to 2 channels and maintain stereo separation.

when you are done, balance adjustment on the head unit should work properly.

SoundStream Reference 2.370 and yes it is 2ohm stereo stable. I wanna buy the Ref. line this is the only amp I can find right now for sale new and the 4ch 920w which is 400bucks and more than what I need. I am powering Infinity perfect 6.5s

Lose stereo seperation, but if your amp is not high quality and is 2 ohm stable stereo, 4 ohm stable bridged you might lose the amp
Im I missing something. I thought bridging amp than running parallel 4ohm speakers would giv the amp 2ohm load. Why wouldn't this work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.