Quality of Cadence amps?

Matt Brua
10+ year member

So im shooting around the idea of just buying a 5ch amp and just using the sub channel for the time, until i save some money and pick up some speakers for the doors.

I have used old cadence amps and were good amps that took a beating but have no idea of the quality now a days. I am looking at the ZRS-C8 by the way for $300 any other ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks for the suggestions. Im just throwing around the idea of going 5 channel due to installing in a toyota tundra (not a lot of room) i am also considering the powerbass asa 1100.5 and the massive nx5 but im at a loss on who makes anything that is reasonably priced and not garbage.

Im sure id be better off getting a mono or 2ch for the sub (will be a sa-8) and a second 2ch for the front stage and just use hu for rear. or a small 4ch for doors.

Had a cadence amp once and it was just kinda blah. It sounded ok and I never had any issues with it but it didn't seem to do any power at all until about 3/4 gain. The gain seemed more like an on off switch than a potentiometer.

i have had one cadence amp and it was terrible. z200. just **** poor. But i hear good things about other cadence amps. I won't try my luck again though
The Cadence Z series? Must have been something wrong internally or with your install. My favorite class D was my Z1200. .04% THD and benched over 1400@1. Nothing but quality.

The Cadence Z series? Must have been something wrong internally or with your install. My favorite class D was my Z1200. .04% THD and benched over 1400@1. Nothing but quality.
actually all the z series amps were ab except the z777-dg which was the d version of the z7000 which i had and loved. one of my favorite amps ever, was over 2 feet long though lol for 1500rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.