Quad cab dodge truck sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rich00
10+ year member

Old timer
2007 dodge quad cab. I’m gonna do the single 10” sub box. I have a JL xd amp that is ~300 watts at 2ohm.  That box is around .65ft^3. I’m intrigued by the FU 300 and wolfram al 10”. 

Budget is is hopefully less than $100 for just sub. 

If an amp is rated 300w at 2 ohms, the sub will probably get 100w if you are lucky. Do you plan on upgrading the amp anytime soon? With that little amount of power available I would look for something with good efficiency with a low moving mass and soft suspension. Power handling doesn't need to be anything crazy. That being said you should be looking at the entry level stuff. Infinity 1070/JBL 1024 would be a good choice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you say the sub will get 100watts?  No im not upgrading amps ever.  This is the perfect amp for my setup.  I'm poor broke and live in the ghetto and getting married soon this will be my last system most likely

Why do you say the sub will get 100watts?  No im not upgrading amps ever.  This is the perfect amp for my setup.  I'm poor broke and live in the ghetto and getting married soon this will be my last system most likely
Impedance rise is anywhere from 2-4x your nominal ohm load. The actual load the amp sees varies depending on what frequency is being played. Because of this, you need an amp about 3x the power rating of your sub in order for the sub to receive it's actual rated power. 

I've used this amp on 2 10's before and it sounded great thus why I was gonna move to one 10" "better" than a 10w0v3
Are you trying to upgrade so it's louder?

Sound quality isnt the issue, I'm just saying it won't get very loud and changing subs won't make things any louder. So get something that will maximize the little bit of power you have. 

So I currently have nothing.  I owned this truck before and put the components in it and put my head unit in it.  The front stage is pretty good.  To my liking anyway.  I had 2 JL 10w0v3 in that atrend box box and it sounded good.  I had no complaints.  Seeing as though im getting married in august. Im not putting the dual 10" box back in this truck.  That is why I say 1 better 10".  

Well good news for me and my pocketbook anyway.  I owned a JL cp108lg that has a 8w3v3 in a ported jl box.  My dad decided to sell his truck that it was in so I got it back.  Now this little thing has found a home under my passenger seat.  

It does everything I want it to do.  It gets plenty loud for me and sounds good doing it.  So I'm pleased that I don't have to find a new sub and box.  

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.