Putting Together a SWEET Stereo, need help.

SubCool
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NY
I probaby should i have posted this with a add i just read, BUT, i decided not to.

I have a thread in Sub's and Speakers but thought i would be nice to get some good help here too.

I am putting a system together,

SO far from Sub's it has been decided to get an Infinity WOOFER or Kick L7 Set, (2 12's) - I was looking at Alpine

As for an amp, it was Suggest to get a JBL 1200.1.

and Components i heard either Infinity or Rockford.

I am not too sure what to do about a face unit, watts per chanel dont really matter cause of the amp right?

And now that i look at it, i guess it would be good to get a MP3 player huh?

But i am really in to the Blue Graphics displays, Kinda lost on the subject.

Any helps would be great.

(my price range for most is about 300 per unit)

I have the rf fanatic x 6 inch componet set in my 97 s10, and i have the front side of my mtx 8304 running them, so they should be getting somewhere around 50 to 75 watts, man these things sound awesome. I do like the infinity kappa's a lot more but due to some bad judgement i ended up with the rockfords.....i'm not a big rf fan at all, so for me to praise them is something serious. I listen to every kind of music, and those things haven't let me down yet. I also have a JVC KD-SH99 head unit. It plays mp3's, and the readout on it is nice. It's got some 4V preouts which really make a big difference in any amp, and really helps on making something loud AND clear. On subs, i've used quite a few companies and finding that mtx is something i recommend to anyone, there are a few speakers that hit harder, but i promise you won't be unhappy.

What are some other speakers and sets you have tried? so i know what to stay away from? I have been tring to put my system together for aLONG time, normally get bumbed from money so i couldnt, but this time i can SOOO... I want to to be just right.

Thanks

If you want a top of the line Hard disk MP3 player, check this out: empeg.com. It says the units are sold out on sonic blue's page, but I've been told there are still some 30 GB models left.

The price dropped from about $1600 a year ago to $1000 to $400 for clearance. Not a bad deal at all,

-Biscuits

go to apline1.com and design a system, that should help you some and get a great sounding and high quality system. It's Alpine so you know it's the bomb.

Alpine girl

the way to go as far as components would probably be polk/momo. smooth highs and hard hitting bass

jl, image dynamics, mtx, cdt, kove, memphis audio, kicker dei any of these should fill any one of your many needs....as far as the cd player? just get a quality one (alpine sony jvc pioneer ,panisonic,kenwood) you should be fine. i dont see you gunning for gold (sound offs) you just want something that sounds great and DEPENDABLE right? check these out and honestly consider the application you are using it for, is it quality? will it produce what you want easily? space to power ratio is an important factor, listening tastes consider this allllll THEN and only then put a price on it. why price then buy something that wont work? people put to much emphisis on the cool factor and not enough on common sense.

well if he goes to ebay he could get either the l 5's or 7's for under 300 each ...the amp will be be a little more (he would need 2 amps unless he gets an amp like a memphis belle currently going for 595 on ebay) but he would be killing 2 birds with a single stone.

Hey, I got the Pioneer 7400 (mp3/cd-r/w player/tuner). Why did I choose Pioneer over Kenwood? Price (and display). Why did I choose Pioneer over JVC. Hmmm...um...Steering wheel remote. I wanted the JVC, almost got it. But I wanted a steering wheel remote, and they don't make them for use in the US. I wanted a steering wheel remote so bad I almost got a cheesy Aiwa. Woah, glad I didn't go that route.

Oh, btw, it retails for 375, but you can them for way less. I paid 260.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.