Putting 10" subs were 6X9's go

birdmanpresents
10+ year member

Toronto
Just thought of the idea in doing some custom work and putting possibly 2 10" subs in the spots my 6X9's are.

Right now I have a 12" Type R running off of a MTXJH1200. My box and design is low profile and I wanted to get more bass. I was thinking if I do 2 10" in the 6X9 spot with possibly the same amp (not exactly the same one just 2 of same model cause I get a good deal) How would it sound? Im assuming the subs would be running open air unless I were to make a box below somehow? Any ideas on how it would work?

I was thinking to get more kick to get an FI Q that puts double the power and/or porting my box.

Just for the record my speakers are ID CTX65 or w.e running at 175W RMS off a Audison SRX4

They would work well but you would have to completely seal out the back wave, which would be pointless if your still going to run the 12. is this going in a trunked car? I'm guessing you want to add the subs on the rear deck? Hard to have lots of bass with little space to work with(box size)

Instead of running open air what if I were to construct 2 seperate boxes under the deckplate? My orig box for my type R is only .8 cubic feet or so. Im sure 8s would work better, I actually have 2 boxes that I would be able to mount that way but I want to get as much kick as I can so I think 10s would be better.

I still want to run it with the 12" why would it be pointless?

its a decent sized car i just dont want it to take up alot of space:

snc00191.jpg

I was thinking of moving the Audison amp in the amp rack and mounting the JH1200's on the seat possibly in another custom case or smthing. If I run open air wouldn't I have to close off the trunk so create the effect of a big box?? which is why you said it would be pointless for the 12" cause it will be closed off? What if I were to make a box at the top of the deckplate for each one? Plus I usually drive with the seats down so it vents in the cabin better. I was also thinking of upgrading the type R to an Fi Q and possibly porting the exsisting box or the ones I will have in the deckplate somehow. That amp comes with gain control knob so it would be sick to have the 2 of them side by side.

Running two different sizes of subs to produce the same frequencies is gay on so many levels. Just get another twelve or three tens or anything but mismatched sizes of subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.