Project ZZ

Im finally home after a long day of driving. Yesterday I picked up my new seats and a car dolly a half hour away. Then I drove another 2 hours to check out my parts/new car. Then i loaded it up on the dolly and drove another 4 hours to drop it off at my dads. Then today I drove back home from my dads which was 3 1/2 hours because of traffic. I got home and unwrapped my seats. Man that was a PITA. Going to get the new car running so I can drive it while the spectrum sludge is curing for a week. Here are some pics of both of them. (sorry they suk im gettin a new camera soon as a bday present)

seats wrapped

seatswrapped.jpg

unwrapped

newseats.jpg

wrapping

seatwrapping.jpg

The rest of the interior sitting

zzsinterior.jpg

Heres the new car

Front

frontbeg.jpg

side

sidebeg.jpg

rear

rearbeg.jpg

ya lol but itll be dope when i finally get onto doing that car. and its comin with a bunch of extra parts i gotta go pick up. basically every body pannel and an engine so it was well worth it

Ive been getting some more stuff and added some more speakers for a show/chill outside type thing. All I have left to get is my 1/0 wiring, speaker wiring, some more 4 gauge wiring, my active crossover set up, and make some rca's. Has anyone ever made their own cut to length rca's? ive seen some people online use rg-26 (home tv cable wires). Also im contemplating on my active crossover between an audiocontrol dqx or ma audio eqx 15 or 30. anyone ever used either of these units? im leaning toward the ma audio right now because its alot cheaper but I really like the digital and remote mount control of the dqx. Heres some pics of the new stuff and everything all together.

new focal 6.5" for the trunk

DSC00145.jpg

new amp for the focals and my rears

DSC00146.jpg

everything I have but my 2 boxes of wires

DSC00148.jpg

Looks like fun. Thats a crazy assortment of parts (amps, speakers and all). Do you just pick stuff up at flea markets and yardsales and throw it all together?
kinda lol I have a so-so budget and I just got what I could afford. mostly from here but some of it I got used local off CL. The fact that im making the interior stealth helps with all the different speakers but once the trunk is popped you'll see all the different amps and stuff.

Havent had much time to do stuff on the car but I got some more wiring in and the audiocontrol. And I dropped the car with some new struts and spring. I only need to get more 1/0 and maybe some 4 and speaker wiring, my rca terminals and wiring to make custom length rca's, and an audiocontrol epicenter

My wiring

wiring.jpg

rcas.jpg

The audiocontrol dqxs and ddc

DSC00197.jpg

Workin on the drop

workdrop.jpg

afterdrop.jpg

why havent i noticed this build before? lol

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif for washington member

that 15 is going to be lloouuddd in that little thing. I put two CVR's in my sisters car and that was loud. Im curious to see how your frontstage comes out.

bump looks good so far. are you doing a lot of pods? or are you just gonna do a drop in to flat body panels?
Im going to build a sealed enclosure into the door for my 8's and then the 2 6 1/2's and tweeter are going where the stock was in the door. Im going to have to do a little work on the door panel to cover everything up and make it all work together.

why havent i noticed this build before? lol
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif for washington member

that 15 is going to be lloouuddd in that little thing. I put two CVR's in my sisters car and that was loud. Im curious to see how your frontstage comes out.
Ya im hoping so since its going to be bandpassed into the cabin. And my previous 2 10's ported at only 400 watts was pretty loud just in the trunk. I cant wait to get it all together but its gonna be a little while because Im basically doing everything on the car at one time. Fixing the body and some custom touches, repaint, new interior, and all the custom work for the system. It'll be a brand new car hopefully within the next 4-6 months.

Got a little bit of stuff done yesterday. I got a new C&D batt to go under the hood. Its a tight fit but it will work, I cut out pieces of aluminum for its box yesterday just have to go and get them welded together. I started putting everything into the trunk as a test fit to see where it will fit and with the full spare tire in there it is going to be a tight fit.

I know where im going to put everything but the amps. Its going to be tricky to get them all in there I didnt get to take any pics because my camera is in south carolina. But my other car should be running here soon, I have my list of everything I need to change out before I do some more trouble shooting and then I will put this thing into full project mode and drive the other one.

I've been slowly piecing together everything I need for the car, but now it will be on a complete stand still. Some idiot hit my car last nite when it was parked at a friends driveway and f*kd up my pass. rear quarter pannel. I almost have everything I need so after I get this whole thing figured out I will prob be able to start on the inside cuz the outside should be brand new, one way or the other.

Pics of new damage

1259928184.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.