Profile vs Soundstream for subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mercureie
10+ year member

Stay in S-C-H-O-O-L
at etronics i can get either a Soundstream PIC2.600 for 225 or a Profile CA-800 for 140. they both put out the same power 600 x 1 at 4 ohms. if im powering a sub, ed12k, which amp would be a better choice. where does the extra money go to on the soundstream and if its sq would it be that noticable on a sub? is the profile overrated and thats why its so cheap? jus wonderin cuz i don't wanna spend too much but i also don't wanna end up with a paper wieght of an amp

the sound stream would probably be better all the way around .. SQ. features everything. profile is a good bang for buck amp. not bad but, good for the price

alright thnx, ive read alot bout ed's takin mroe then what theyre rated for, the 600 watts shouldn't do much harm in a sealed box, assuming i set the gains carefully?

Originally posted by Mercureie alright thnx, ive read alot bout ed's takin mroe then what theyre rated for, the 600 watts shouldn't do much harm in a sealed box, assuming i set the gains carefully?
It will take 600 fine.

Originally posted by Jmac Soundstream amps are awesome. I'm still anxiously anticipating an experience with the Picasso line, though. However, I doubt that will happen soon since you can't get Soundstream in Canada (bastards) ...
Jmac is back!!! WOOHOO!!!

I am confused, but good that someone is back, but yeah I am also curious to see whats up with the top end SS subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm not sure about their subs, but I have the Picasso 880.2 and it's pretty good for the $275 I paid for it. It's been pushin my POS HE2's pretty good for a while now. I'm still waitin to get a new sub or subs to push with it. Hopefully I'll have somethin by summer time. I haven't had any problems with my Pic. I'd go with Soundstream over Profile. I think you'd be plenty happy with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.