Professionally Insatalled worth it???????

Geminidj2000
10+ year member

The Bad Luck Kid
Denver
My car us a 1989 acura legend........... and the seat doesnt come down and the hole that used on the side to put in the wire is to small to put my 2 guage wire thru so my friend sugested that we used the firewall.... we opened the hood and were like now weres the firewall so hard to find on a japanese car so im thinking about getting it professionally done d u guys think thi would be ok? and how much would it cost plces im think about are car toys......this local shop...... or best buy thers also another place but i forgot the name plz help

nahh...do it ur self.....shouldnt be a problem.....if u need to make a new place to insert the wire through the fire wall just buy one of these

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WyQNuKOocdD/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=11&g=65400&I=211FWB0&o=m&a=0

lFWB0-f-4-8-dmt.jpeg

There might already be an opening for you to put the wire through. Grab a flashlight and open the hood, and shine it all around where your feet would be on the inside of the car, and have someone else in the car looking for a light to shine through. If you dont see it, you will have to get the rubber grommet mentioned above and drill a new hole. And if for some reason you cant find the fireall, any auto shop will be able to show you. Go to Murrays or something and tell them what you wanna do and they'll run you through the process.

Good luck

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 My car us a 1989 acura legend........... and the seat doesnt come down and the hole that used on the side to put in the wire is to small to put my 2 guage wire thru so my friend sugested that we used the firewall.... we opened the hood and were like now weres the firewall so hard to find on a japanese car so im thinking about getting it professionally done d u guys think thi would be ok? and how much would it cost plces im think about are car toys......this local shop...... or best buy thers also another place but i forgot the name plz help
Well that depends on how much you trust yourself!

Most place will charge you $50 to $75 for an install of an amp. Anymore and they are ripping you off.

Originally posted by F.A.M. Well that depends on how much you trust yourself!

Most place will charge you $50 to $75 for an install of an amp. Anymore and they are ripping you off.
That right there is a ripoff...spend the 2 hours and do it yourself, you will be much more pleased at the end.
your firewall seperates you from your engine..just drill thru it and use a grommet, or try to find a hole.

its the wall that protects the inside of the cabin from the engine compartment.... there are tons of factory installed grommets that you can use to fit your wire.... try to fin a spot maybe by your fuse box or just find a spot near the battery.... if that doesnt work, work from the inside out..... lok through the feet area of the driver and passenger, look for plastic peices that might be covering a hole, then pop em out, put a flashlight through it and see where it comes out.....

Originally posted by rco8786 That right there is a ripoff...spend the 2 hours and do it yourself, you will be much more pleased at the end.

your firewall seperates you from your engine..just drill thru it and use a grommet, or try to find a hole.
$50 to $75 does sound like a lot. But keep in mind that most people don't know what the hell they are doing when it comes to installing car audio products. Too many times have I seen people try to save money and do it themselves, only to majorly jack up the car or the equipment that they are trying to install. So like I said, it's only not a rip off when you trust yourself enough to do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.