Problem with my Headunit, Kenwood Z910-DVD

Participant count
  • Participant list

smullen
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
St. Louis
Latley, I have been having a problem with my Headunit, its a Kenwood Z910-DVD.

z910dvd.jpg

For some reason it will not read or Detect the CD in it...

With this model you hit the SRC Button to cycle between sources (OFF, Tuner, DVD, TV/AUX/, CD Changer, Keg, etc)

So there is already a known good CD in the headunit and when you hit the button and cycle to DVD (This mode plays CDs or DVDs) it says ""EJECT"" on the LCD for a few seconds

and then goes to the screen where it would tell the track and the time elapsed... Only nothing shows... I have hit, play, pause, stop, play again, FWD, RWD, Track > Track

If I flip down the screen and hit the Eject button the CD does not eject...

I've tried hitting the Eject button real quick, tried for like 2 sec, tried for like 10 secs, tried a few real quick hits.. Nothing..

I have completly turned off the headunit, turned off the ignition, took the detachable face off and poked the lil reset button... Nothing....

I guess I have had this head unit for a little over a year now, so I doubt its under Warrenty... I bought it online from Crutchfield...

I don't want to just scrap it, because its not that old and has been used very little as I drive my Work truck daily while the Blazer sits snugly in the garage...

I mean, this was originally a 1200.00+ unit as it plays DVDs (no screen), but I got it onsale for like 600.00

Any ideas??? I might try to call Crutchfield, but I doubt they will be any help, they got my money long ago...

I own a Kenwood KVT911-DVD. You stated that you were able to insert disks and then you put the last one in and now it is stuck? Along with not reading the disk? Can you hear the disk spinning inside. If not then it may be stuck in the transport mechanism. If it is stuck, take another disk and use the edge of it to GENTLY push the other disk in. DO NOT try to insert second disk but yet use it to try to help the other in. Otherwise if you can hear disk spinning that means that it is loaded and the above trick won't work.

If you're inclined you may open the unit to recover the disk and clean the laser. I myself would do it. I would not recommend anyone else doing this unless they are secure in their abilities.

Other than that: Take unit to an authorized service center and let them handle it.

I own a Kenwood KVT911-DVD. You stated that you were able to insert disks and then you put the last one in and now it is stuck? Along with not reading the disk? Can you hear the disk spinning inside. If not then it may be stuck in the transport mechanism. If it is stuck, take another disk and use the edge of it to GENTLY push the other disk in. DO NOT try to insert second disk but yet use it to try to help the other in. Otherwise if you can hear disk spinning that means that it is loaded and the above trick won't work.If you're inclined you may open the unit to recover the disk and clean the laser. I myself would do it. I would not recommend anyone else doing this unless they are secure in their abilities.

Other than that: Take unit to an authorized service center and let them handle it.
Hey thanks for the response...

To be honest, I don't know if I can hear it spinnin or not... I did'nt even think to listen for it, but when I get home from work today, I'll do that and give pokin it with another CD a try, then I'll let you know what happends...

Also, I dropped Crutchfield a e-mail to see what they say... We'll see if they try to help or just blow me off...

I failed to ask if you can hear the motor inside running when you see "Eject" on the display. I think the reset button will initiate the eject phase on that unit.

Another thing you could try is remove unit from vehicle and again GENTLY tap the unit in various places. The reason I say this is b/c there are multiple switches inside the unit that can sometimes get stuck. To me, with the symptoms you describe it could very well be a stuck switch. After knocking on the unit, like you would on a door, hook it back up and give it a try.

If not then it may be stuck in the transport mechanism. If it is stuck, take another disk and use the edge of it to GENTLY push the other disk in. DO NOT try to insert second disk but yet use it to try to help the other in.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif Hey, I just wanted to let you know that trick worked and to say thanks Bunch!!!!! I just grabbed another cd and went like I was gonna put it in and nudged the one that was in there and BLam, it worked!!!!

Thanks again... You da man!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Some think I'm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif

Others think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

Well I think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imdaman.gif.bc6c552e19aa4ad8c47461144f40eb1a.gif

Hey glad it worked!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.