Problem with Fosgate components. Are they blown? Fixable?

Participant count
  • Participant list

capadav

SC
I installed a Clarion dxz835mp this weekend and noticed a problem with my Rockford fosgate FNQ1514 5.25", crossovers, omponents. I thought the stereo was making a lot of noise when turned up but I found that the problem was only the right side. When turned up(not all the way but loud) the midrange would produce static and break up.

I checked the problem by moving the left side of the Kenwood 100wRMSx2 amp and there did not appear to be a problem. I then I switched the crossover. This seemed fine. I then did speaker to speaker comparisons and the one midrange seems almost fine until it gets load and breaks up where the other does not. The tweeter seems to be in a worse shape. Not load or full at all. I could hold it to my ear, no prob, when the other one would hurt if I did it.

I had been running the amp off of linelevel outputs from the stock headunit for 1 year no problem. This summer, I added a sub and the speakers would produce alternator whine and accessory noise(from a bad ground on the headunit). When I was setting the gains I noticed that the light bulb in the rightside crossover would light somewhat and there was no lighting on the other side. I then noticed the noise from the clarion.

When I checked them, The mid was 4 and the tweeter was 3 ohm just like the good side.

What caused the problem? I do not want it to happen again.

Was it the amp, radio, crossover, or faulty production?

What would make the mid **** and not completely ruin it?

Can I fix the speakers?

Where could I get the one tweeter and mid?

I would appreciate help because I have a hole from 120Hz to 400hz between my fronts and sub. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.