preouts

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 709
U

Unregistered

hey um, i have a tahoe, and i need to get some preouts to the back, but have stock cd player. can't I clip wires to back speaker and clip some rca's and put em all back together and get my preouts out of the speaker wire? I think i've seen it done, but these ppl were by no means professionals! If not, what do I need to get to some preouts to the back where my amp is?

There are "line level converters" made just for that purpose. Basically they're just a resistor network that drops the high voltage levels from the speakers down to something the RCA inputs on an amp will handle.

You should've bought an amp that has that feature built in. Most do.

okay, when you said, you should have bought an amp that has that feature... what feature?? one that i could clip speaker wires and wire in rca's and the amp will convert it to something the amp could handle, or is the line converter necessary?

I think what he meant was that some amplifiers come with "high level inputs". This means you would not need the line out converter to reduce the current from the speaker wires. RCA inputs on amps can not handle the voltage coming from your factory deck therefore you need a LOC to achieve the proper voltage to run into your amp. hope this helps

Originally posted by Unregistered okay, when you said, you should have bought an amp that has that feature... what feature?? one that i could clip speaker wires and wire in rca's and the amp will convert it to something the amp could handle, or is the line converter necessary?
no thats not what i ment you fukin dumb ass .

Originally posted by Unregistered okay, when you said, you should have bought an amp that has that feature... what feature?? one that i could clip speaker wires and wire in rca's and the amp will convert it to something the amp could handle, or is the line converter necessary?
Yes. Sorry I wasn't more specific. Some amps have speaker level inputs, as cfurtick said, that connect directly to the speakers instead of using the RCA jacks.

Originally posted by Unregistered no thats not what i ment you fukin dumb ass .

a little hostile there huh??? try relaxing and taking a deep breath before you respond to someone that took what you said and tried to make sense of it ok??....heh....

LOC **** anyways, i used to run a factory hu in my car, but it hurt my sq and spl, till i got rid of it and bought an aftermarket h/u, replacing oem stuff is the best thing you can do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
taylor
Screenshot_20240531-022053.png

1aespinoza

May 31, 2024