Premier Pioneer Reciever........i need help

ishmiley

hawaii
my Premier Pioneer reciever have a alarm sensorwire, starter kill wire, door switch wire, door lock wire, ill wire and i don't know how to connect it or which wire goes where and what tools do i need to install it or connect it?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I have a pioneer hu and it has the door alarm feature that you wire into the door switch that turns you interior lights on when you open the door. Don't even bother hooking it up. It is a big pain in the ass for nothing. The alarm ***** anyway!!

All that you have to hookup to install is the ground, ignition, battery, and the speakers. Everything else is optional.

Originally posted by firemx220 I have a pioneer hu and it has the door alarm feature that you wire into the door switch that turns you interior lights on when you open the door. Don't even bother hooking it up. It is a big pain in the ass for nothing. The alarm ***** anyway!!
Like this guy says, your pioneer comes equiped with an internal alarm. It is a basic and semi-effective alarm system. The above guy explained the door, and the ill wire connects to your dome light, the starter kill switch connects in the ignition wiring somewhere, and the door lock is for if you have auto locks. A lot of work for a beginner to install. I wouldn't bother with it myself, but I might have the starter kill hooked up. That will prevent someone from starting your vehicle while the alarm is active. The problem with that alarm system is that if someone breaks in and rips your HU out, then the alarm system is ineffective and worthless. It's not very loud so it doesn't act as a very good deterent. It has a warning LED built into the LED, but that fools no one. The alarm system sounds more like a marketing ploy than a useful feature to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.