PRECISION POWER P1000 LOUD AF @ 2 ohms!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $156 amazon

lets do a more proper test bud. Take a multi-meter and put it on the pos and negative of the amp while you play your heaviest and strongest bass songs and see the voltage reading there.
Please forgive the potential stupidity of this question, but when running this type of test, do you do it with the sub connected or just with the dmm?

Please forgive the potential stupidity of this question, but when running this type of test, do you do it with the sub connected or just with the dmm?
you are testing for power and ground voltage drops at the amp when there's a load on the amplifier meaning the subs must be connected.

The other thing is setting gains via AC voltage which means disconnecting the amp and putting the multimeter prongs on the speaker terminals rather than the amp's power and ground.

I was running my PPI 900.4 @ .5 on one channel for a long time lolI couldn't believe the amp was taking that kind of abuse. It's still going strong on my mids now.
yeah the ppi 900.4 is WAAAAY WAAAAY sturdier and reliable than most of the korean amps out there. mines lived through a lot of abuse as well. Was running 1.33 ohms for half a year on mines at one time.

yeah i played it loud shoved the meter prongs into wire at amp (basically in the amp terminal)

Well good man..Like to hear that you are enjoying the amp.Its really a great little amp..Id at the least get the Big 3 done..always an option to relocate a battery,and can be done easily.I run all AGM batts in my vehicles,and dont mix..always match.Ive even relocated an oil filter with a kit from Jegs to make life easier on a 32Roadster with a 427BB Rail.
dude I'm trying to pm u about a deal on amp in case u want it.... your box is full

dude I'm trying to pm u about a deal on amp in case u want it.... your box is full
Man..Ill see about clearing my box out..But I appreciate the offering,yet, at this time..Ive got approx 50+ amps at the moment..I just picked up 3 older PPIs last week from a guy in town with 2 sets of 6.5MB Quarts older Sony Disc player/changer, wiring, a box for 3/8s with blown JLs just on a fly buy.I actually need to unload on some amps ,speakers, subs, boxes, Preamp EQs,crossovers,all kinds of stuff that I more than likely will not use again.My brother stated that my audio room looked like a store.LOL

Man..Ill see about clearing my box out..But I appreciate the offering,yet, at this time..Ive got approx 50+ amps at the moment..I just picked up 3 older PPIs last week from a guy in town with 2 sets of 6.5MB Quarts older Sony Disc player/changer, wiring, a box for 3/8s with blown JLs just on a fly buy.I actually need to unload on some amps ,speakers, subs, boxes, Preamp EQs,crossovers,all kinds of stuff that I more than likely will not use again.My brother stated that my audio room looked like a store.LOL
yeah when shop i worked at closed (guy sold it moved and became a contractor) he came by with suv load of concept stuff like 8 subs (4were 12's 1 was a 18 others were 15) 5 amps and a dvd screen (long time ago when they were expensive) and 4 sets of coax new, sold it all to me for $600 i sold the 18" sub for $300 in 2 hours, used 2 12's for a yr sold for $200, used 1 pr coax until i sold car, made $400 on 15's + sold other 12's $200 and made $150 on dvd screen..

yeah when shop i worked at closed (guy sold it moved and became a contractor) he came by with suv load of concept stuff like 8 subs (4were 12's 1 was a 18 others were 15) 5 amps and a dvd screen (long time ago when they were expensive) and 4 sets of coax new, sold it all to me for $600 i sold the 18" sub for $300 in 2 hours, used 2 12's for a yr sold for $200, used 1 pr coax until i sold car, made $400 on 15's + sold other 12's $200 and made $150 on dvd screen..
Nice !! I generally Hoard all my audio gear??But I get back around to using it again in time.Always changing things up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BOOMINGRANDPA

5,000+ posts
WOLFRAM FTW
BOOMINGRANDPA
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies