PRECISION POWER P1000 LOUD AF @ 2 ohms!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $156 amazon

Im gonna guess ground
I THOUGHT SO TOO!! went to tiny shop here and guy sanded paint and added 2nd screw through the ring (my drill *****) he was impressed with the ppi (he looked up the dyno) he sells dc, em and such (tragik got some stuff from him).. amp still cuts out so not the ground, he thinks it's volt drop but it only drops to like 13.5-13.3 when it cuts out., wondering if amp is bad., but again it only does it on my low techno bass cd at loudest i can turn sub volume down plays fine.. he said he think problem my be my thin 13 yr old 4ga., i don't mind replacing that cause it is old and it it solve problem great but i doubt it will.. my new rattle is in roof either broke a brace or sunroof track is doing it., put hand on roof it stops so who want to ride on top of my car from now on? lol

I THOUGHT SO TOO!! went to tiny shop here and guy sanded paint and added 2nd screw through the ring.. still cuts out, he think it's volt drop but it only drops to like 13.5-13.3 when it cuts out., wondering if amp is bad., but again it only does it on my low techno bass cd at loudest i can turn sub volume down plays fine.. he said he think problem my be my thin 13 yr old 4ga., i don't mind replacing that cause it is old and it it solve problem great but i doubt it will.. my new rattle is in roof either broke a brace or sunroof track is doing it., put hand on roof it stops so who want to ride on top of my car from now on? lol
nope sounds more like you are clipping it. just back it down slightly on the sub level. If it was dropping to 12s then yeah its ground or corroded wire. but this just sounds like pure protecting from clipping.

nope sounds more like you are clipping it. just back it down slightly on the sub level. If it was dropping to 12s then yeah its ground or corroded wire. but this just sounds like pure protecting from clipping.
i agree thats what i was wondering but gain is hardly up and i only turn hu to 28 of 35 it shouldn't be but idk.. i guess i'll keep sub volume below that point, i could turn sub volume on hu down but like i said is doesn't do it on music, so maybe that low bass is to much at high volume.. like i said it's destroying my car anyway lol, every time i tell my wife about a rattle she says turn it down..

i agree thats what i was wondering but gain is hardly up and i only turn hu to 28 of 35 it shouldn't be but idk.. i guess i'll keep sub volume below that point, i could turn sub volume on hu down but like i said is doesn't do it on music, so maybe that low bass is to much at high volume.. like i said it's destroying my car anyway lol, every time i tell my wife about a rattle she says turn it down..
thats how strong the pre-out voltage is on that head unit and that ppi's gain knob is more sensitive than your autotek. You are already getting max output out of the ppi at 15% gain and with those bass boosted CDs thats just pushing it past clipping. Just turn down the sub level when you listen to those songs. Raise it back up on normal music. Thats called active gain setting. Its not one setting fits all bud. You need to constantly monitor.

thats how strong the pre-out voltage is on that head unit and that ppi's gain knob is more sensitive than your autotek. You are already getting max output out of the ppi at 15% gain and with those bass boosted CDs thats just pushing it past clipping. Just turn down the sub level when you listen to those songs. Raise it back up on normal music. Thats called active gain setting. Its not one setting fits all bud. You need to constantly monitor.
yeah I just picked up dinner and it's legit loud, without cutting off so i'll just keep it down some.. still I may run little thicker wire and change ground point, we found good bolt closer to amp under back seat but i'll have to get bigger ring to fit it.. ps I told him about your 18's and cracking your windshield lol..

Well good man..Like to hear that you are enjoying the amp.Its really a great little amp..Id at the least get the Big 3 done..always an option to relocate a battery,and can be done easily.I run all AGM batts in my vehicles,and dont mix..always match.Ive even relocated an oil filter with a kit from Jegs to make life easier on a 32Roadster with a 427BB Rail.

You have your Bass Boost on at you Head Unit? Or Loudness button turned up??If so..I recommend turning those OFF,and try to re-tune

Well good man..Like to hear that you are enjoying the amp.Its really a great little amp..Id at the least get the Big 3 done..always an option to relocate a battery,and can be done easily.I run all AGM batts in my vehicles,and dont mix..always match.Ive even relocated an oil filter with a kit from Jegs to make life easier on a 32Roadster with a 427BB Rail.
hey 15 yrs ago the shop i worked at did a stereo in a 32 car it was purple and had door poppers on it, they did nice custom speaker pods for memphis comps.... don't mix just match lol.. u mean put hood battery in trunk? ehh idk, just thought about thats more work than just doing big 3 where it is.. like i say my volts ain't bad i may get agm batt under hood this summer..

Ya I bought one a while back and keep it as a back up or use it in my truck while I am building a new system. Its a bad little amp worth every penny. I never tried wiring it a .5 to see if it would take it.
I was running my PPI 900.4 @ .5 on one channel for a long time lol

I couldn't believe the amp was taking that kind of abuse. It's still going strong on my mids now.

I was running my PPI 900.4 @ .5 on one channel for a long time lolI couldn't believe the amp was taking that kind of abuse. It's still going strong on my mids now.
Ya I have a 900.4 also and is been solid too ! Cant believe it will hang at .5

hey 15 yrs ago the shop i worked at did a stereo in a 32 car it was purple and had door poppers on it, they did nice custom speaker pods for memphis comps.... don't mix just match lol.. u mean put hood battery in trunk? ehh idk, just thought about thats more work than just doing big 3 where it is.. like i say my volts ain't bad i may get agm batt under hood this summer..
The 32 was a Dragster ..Ran 128.4 in 1/8 mile @ a 5.02..hell of a rush..Yellow with with white flames and metalic blue.(yes) place hood batter in trunk area..Its not cheap to do with the cost of good wiring , going that route, but easier to get to and replace ect.But Yes for sure..The big 3 and a good AGM under the hood will serve a very long time for you.

No kidden??LOL
Yep, was running two channels on my JL mids/highs up front and one channel @.5 on my hds315 in the back lol

I honestly couldn't believe it. The amp is tiny, 4 channels, etc lol... and I can't believe it's still going strong. I abused the hell out of it. That's one of those amps I won't sell to anyone because I know what I've done to it lol

At some point it was just a "How long can it keep doing this" lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BOOMINGRANDPA

5,000+ posts
WOLFRAM FTW
BOOMINGRANDPA
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied