Pre out - Component - Doubt

Participant count
  • Participant list

stefaluzi

I bought a MVH-S300BT pioneer headunit that has 2 set of preouts and a 4 channel amp pioneer GM series.

I own a Jeep liberty 2002 that has from factory:

1 pair of components FRONT (mids and tweeters)

1 pair of speakers REAR

I am planning to upgrade to the following:

Change factory head unit to the pioneer.

Change JUST the front MIDS for an alpine coaxial 100 rms type R and plug them to an amp via the front/rear pre out. (buying a component system is not an option for me)

Add a subwoofer, plug it to the amp via the subwoofer pre out.

My question is:

Will the factory tweeters work? or if i disconnect the mids speaker, the tweeters will be disabled?

Thanks.

youd probably want to defer to the factory wiring diagram to see if its wired from a centralized crossover or if it is parallel from the main driver and using a cap to filter what it needs to for the tweet. in either event, youre going to be FAR better off replacing the tweet as its likely not up to the task of using the wattage youll be sending it from anything more than the deck let alone the freq its x'ed over at.

short answer, replace the tweeter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.