Pre Clear Coated Birch for My Sub Box

Participant count
  • Participant list
Imma laugh my ass off if the sub magnet touches the port piece you see thru the sub cut out hole before it mounts flat...because it sure as hell looks like it.

Imma laugh my ass off if the sub magnet touches the port piece you see thru the sub cut out hole before it mounts flat...because it sure as hell looks like it.

It looks like there is plenty of clearance.

My objection to building a box like this is you are creating more work for yourself by having to cut out the port opening on the baffle piece then you have to go back and smooth out the port opening because you can't make a perfect cut with the jigsaw. Also it's wayyyy harder to do a double layer baffle this way.

I would rather assemble the front back and sides then sandwich them with the top and bottom pieces. But hey I've built like 20+ boxes in my day, you gain experience and make small changes each time.

It looks like there is plenty of clearance.

My objection to building a box like this is you are creating more work for yourself by having to cut out the port opening on the baffle piece then you have to go back and smooth out the port opening because you can't make a perfect cut with the jigsaw. Also it's wayyyy harder to do a double layer baffle this way.

I would rather assemble the front back and sides then sandwich them with the top and bottom pieces. But hey I've built like 20+ boxes in my day, you gain experience and make small changes each time.

I always start with building the port pieces 1st. But...corner round the pieces before assembling because it's impossible to do that once the box is made. I don't know why he's modifying it instead of following what Shredder has...

I hope he doesn't venture too far off the original designs on those million dollar homes..
Was that too far? Idk what's acceptable these days
lol nah was a good point. I don't like this countertop where it is so imma move it over here instead then the cupboards on this side...

I hope he doesn't venture too far off the original designs on those million dollar homes..
Was that too far? Idk what's acceptable these days

I actually gave the sub more clearance and support. And, don't worry, all my houses pass inspection the first time. Las Vegas has some of the strictest building codes in the nation (besides California). Like I said, this is the first box that I've built. I cut the whole box with a cordless DeWalt and a jigsaw. I cut most of the port with the Dewalt. I only needed the jigsaw for the ends. So, considering that I didn't use a table saw, I think that I did alright. And, the cubic feet is the same as originally designed by Shredder2.

lol nah was a good point. I don't like this countertop where it is so imma move it over here instead then the cupboards on this side...

You should come check them out some time. How do they look?
Screenshot_20191031-171840_Gallery.jpg

I can tell ya right now, that end counter would have to go. That drives me nuts when you have nice countertops plenty of space then this ugly conjoining "table" next to it. I'm seeing more and more of it and have no idea the proper name but to me it's stupid ugly and wouldn't like it. A dealbreaker for me. Also the center island is off center. Why? To me, islands should be in the middle of the kitchen,.....not off to one side. Lastly, the fridge next to the wall. I just spent over 1k on a brand spankin new one and because of it's location, I cannot open the right door all the way, which is lame, and stupid. My kitchen needs an overhaul redesign to function properly....and yes I am a homeowner. Other wise the kitchen looks nice modern up to date.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.