Pple at radio shack

flakko
5,000+ posts

Veteran (my butt)
So Cal
i recently went to a radio shack to purchase a volt meter. I asked the dude how it works, and he dint know how to use it!!! in fact, every empoyee at the store dint know how to use it. And for some reason they dint know what a ring terminal was. This makes me question the quality of the service at radio shack, I mean they work at a freakin electronics store!!

Actually, all they really do is sell cell phones, verizon to be exact. That's all they are trained to do. I applied there once because I like electronics, and the bastards said "can you sell cell phones"? I needed the money, so I said, "sure". They apparently didn't like my attitude or something, and they refused me the job.

Very rarely will you actually talk to anyone who knows anything about other stuff in their store.

At the new Radio Shack in my town, they added a shelf system of terminals and potentiometers and LEDs and a load of 12 volt things. While the idiots there didn't even know why the flicker switch was made for spade terminals, just the fact that stuff was there makes Radio Shack worth it.

Also, one guy there does work on cars. He knew what a ground loop isolator was, so there's one point for them.

It's a great store, but like you, they don't know much.You don't have to have a 1600 on your SATs to apply there...
well duh, but they should have know more than i do cuz they work at radio shack and i dont, and they should be knowledgable in electronics because its an electronics store.

I work and gamestop and i need to be knowlegable about video games and accessories

i kno my **** and i work there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thats great!! they should hire more people like black jesus over there

I used to work there...I was good friends with the manager, but I left after a few months because I got tired of people asking me why their cell phones didn't work when they didn't charge them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif That was a pretty good store, I miss it...now I just tweak the local one in VA, those clerks are fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I guess knowing Ohm's Law and being able to read a schematic overeducated me for that job, lol.

It is not called Radio Shack, it is supposed to be SHITTY SHACK.

First, the only reason to shop at shitty shack is CONVENIENCE.

They say that if we got questions, they got answers: ********. The only way they will approach you to help is if you are in the cell phone area. They are bottom-feeders. Like an ambulance chaser you may compare it to. Shitty Shack is for peeps who don't know anything about electronics. Just by opening to the public, shitty shack sells itself.

As for Fry's, I rather go there than shitty shack. There are many more stores that specialize in electronics stuff that you can pay a 1/4th of what you pay at shitty shack.

Ask someone at shitty shack that you need a 7 segment display, potentiometer, 8-pin dual inline package ic holders, & some lm386 op amps: and watch their reactions.

It is not called Radio Shack, it is supposed to be SHITTY SHACK. 

First, the only reason to shop at shitty shack is CONVENIENCE.

They say that if we got questions, they got answers: ********. The only way they will approach you to help is if you are in the cell phone area. They are bottom-feeders. Like an ambulance chaser you may compare it to. Shitty Shack is for peeps who don't know anything about electronics. Just by opening to the public, shitty shack sells itself.

As for Fry's, I rather go there than shitty shack. There are many more stores that specialize in electronics stuff that you can pay a 1/4th of what you pay at shitty shack.

Ask someone at shitty shack that you need a 7 segment display, potentiometer, 8-pin dual inline package ic holders, & some lm386 op amps: and watch their reactions.
its true that most people that work at radioshack dont know ****, especially around this time of the year because a lot are seasonal hires. pretty much 75% of my store knows what they are talkin bout. other stores around me are full of idiots yea, but there are just some things we cant control =)

Last time I entered a radioshack I spent 10 min explaining to the employee what A/V cables were. You would've though it was the first time he heard they existed. I should've just looked for them myself, which was what I did.

I spent 15 minutes trying to tell them what an A/V selector was. Once he figured out what it was, he then tried to tell me that they didn't exist with a standard composite connection, only s-video. What a moron...

I told him to **** off because he was an idiot, and got what I wanted at target for $10 cheaper anyways.

i can pretty much answer anything a customer asks me, if i dont know the answer off the top of my head, im resourceful, i can find out in a few minutes... but that is a question like "which resistors can i use to take a 110v line down to 12v using the least amount of resistors" which you would have to be autistic to be able to know off the top of your head... unless you did it before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif lol

"The only way they will approach you to help is if you are in the cell phone area."

cell fone sales are nice and beefy yes, but i can have another customer want 200 switches, resistors and relays direct ordered from our texas warehouse and it would be more.. if your good at selling, the commission will be there. if your not... go work at best buy clerking. there are different types of people out there in radioshack's. there is no other job like it.

take for instance the store manager at my store. mid-late 30's has a wife and kid, he left a job that paid 2-3x more, why? because he wasnt having fun, and even tho the pay is less than what he was getting before, at radioshack he loves what he does.

got another guy, owned a radioshack franchise about 30 years ago, retired, mid-late 60's... not too up on the technology, but he can sell like crazy. why did he come back when he is set for the rest of his life? because he loves what he does

we have two other people at the store, part timers, dont really care about the store as a whole, about how it looks, etc, they are there to try to get paid, and as a result, they cant sell worth ****. are you more likely to buy from a person that knows in and out what he/she is talking about or someone just saying "here, buy this cable, its better than that cable because its monster"

then there is me, 17 year old, knows a little about everything, and always expanding knowledge, computer geek, car audio lover, and one hell of a salesman... i wouldnt want to work at a place like best buy, circuit city, microcenter, comp usa... etc.. there is no customer interaction unless they are either mad, or you are ringing them up. you arent on a first name basis, you dont remember their face, and you stand around behind a counter all day... too repetitive for me

but all in all, this long ass post.. heh. radioshack has different kinds of people, when you meet a knowledgable one, or one that is learning and is eager to help, give them the benefit of the doubt. we offer the best first because it is what the customer wants (on average... not counting you cheap asses //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

flakko

5,000+ posts
Veteran (my butt)
flakko
So Cal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date