Powerbass subs question

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Hey, I know I made a thread today about my DLS subs. But now, Im about to go pick up (2) powerbass 3XL 12" subs. Dont know anything about these subs really, but the deal just popped up and I couldnt resist. So what can you guys tell me about them? When I get them, I will have a total of 4 subs. The DLS and then the Powerbass. These things going to go hard or what

DLS - http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_138

Powerbass - http://www.powerbassusa.com/products/subwoofers/3xl_subwoofers.html

Well im trading my phone for an amp and the guy is throwing in the subs w/ box to even up the trade. So thought might as well put them in there

I have heard 1 15" powerbass 3xl and they are insane for the price you cant beat what you get for. Best bet would be to run just the powerbass 3xls in a nice spec vented box. It will get real loud.

Well what about my DLS subs? How do they compare to the powerbass? The guy said they are in a box built to spec

I have never heard dls but the power rating is about the same. The 3xls are brutal, you throw alot at them and theyll keep on taking it. I heard two 12" powerbass xls hit 140db on the TL in a extended cab s-10. Its all about the box and what kind of power you are sending to them.

those subs are very nice. i would take your dls subs out and possibly sell them and buy an amp for new subs. those subs only come in dual 1 ohm load so your looking at a 1 ohm load on your amp. like the guy above me mentioned try out the pb asa2000.1 or the new 2200. i have a pb asa1500 on one of my older powerbass xs12's and it really comes to life on that much power. i would compare my xs12 to the newer 3xl's by the way

I was getting a Hifonics Brutus 1600 watt for the DLS subs. IM guessing thats not enough for the Powerbass? And more on the "mixing subs" thing. They will cancel each other out or what

You told me last night you already had the Powerbass sub, I was even offering to buy it off you, and you were dealing with me. NO NO to try and make deals with something you dont even have yet!!!

You told me last night you already had the Powerbass sub, I was even offering to buy it off you, and you were dealing with me. NO NO to try and make deals with something you dont even have yet!!!
Just saw it in his other thread. He does have both:laugh:.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.