Power wire/rca noise?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CJL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
oZone
Can running the RCA next to the power wire cause noise? I though is was a myth. I have a horrid engine whine,I tried 2 grounds for the amp and the HU,I got the rca ports grounded(pioneer), still noise.

The only thing to do is run the rcas separate. Im running the KNU Klarity RCA Kables.

Could this be a HU problem also?

You are right that it is a myth.

Whine is caused by alternating magnetic fields given off by your alternator.. nothing else..

Active isolation or suppression on your source unit is your best bet to fix the problem.. check out navone engineering..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.