Power wire question - Pioneer TS-WX300A 1300W

Participant count
  • Participant list

6forSquires

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
I've had this sub for a few years and had it fitted by a colleague when i first got it so I dont really remember how it was installed, long story short I now have a new car with none of the original wiring. I've contacted pioneer to get a replacement power harness (a 10-pin molex type) which plugs directly into the sub, which has short 20cm wires to attach live, ground and RCA to.

However the live and ground wires are really small, and as far as I can tell i need atleast 8 guage wire for my power, am I completely missing something here? Do i just connect my 8 guage to this? I have attached the best pic of what im describing that I can find online

Attachments

• sub wires.PNG
    sub wires.PNG
    31.8 KB · Views: 52
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I think you will be just fine to be honest. Id run it and check it after hammering on it quite a bit and check the temp on the wire by hand to see...
So u know the individual slots on the ISO connectors and where they go? 12 volt red is accessories. etc. Red wire goes to the amplifier...
Oh, total opposite. i play with storage bins full of wire scraps from past installs for fun. I hoard decent grade wires from audio homies...
If you have multiple amps you do not need to run a power wire from each amp to battery.. You can have a single run of wire with a distribution...

About this thread

6forSquires

CarAudio.com Newbie
6forSquires
UK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from