Power usage help

Participant count
  • Participant list

nathansadkins

US
I recently purchased a 2003 Honda Accord and have been trying to install a nice aftermarket audio system but have a fear of straining my cars electrical system and alternator (outputs 110 amperes). I installed a Pioneer MVH-X380BT head unit to replace the factory one and just purchased Alpine SPS-610C 6.5" (80RMS each) and Alpine SPS-619 6x9" (85 watts each). For the moment, I am not planning to install an Amplifier for these speakers because I want to focus on the subwoofers that I want which is 2 SoundQubed HDS212-D2 (600W RMS). The amp I have been looking at is the AudioPipe APCL15001D (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW54418/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qvdeyb2BZ636P)

Will I be able to put out enough juice for my power needs? Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Others might not agree with me but if you feel like doing the big 3 is too much of a pain in the ***, just pick up a solid AGM and you'll be fine. I have an SQ 2200 in my car. On stock battery there was noticeable headlight dim along with substantial voltage drop. I grabbed an odyssey extreme 1300 CA AGM and now nothing can make it drop to below 13V. Big 3 hasn't been done yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.