Power reqs for Focal 165as3 on a DSP?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LOMAX

London
I'm moving my current setup into a cargo van and I want to invest in a DSP as my speaker placement will be much more uneven.

I want to drop in a miniDSP C-DSP 6x8, separate the component drivers and figure out what extra power to get.

I currently have:

Focal 165as3 3-way components

Alpine BBX F1200 (2x130w bridged or 4x50w)

JL Audio 6w3v3 subwoofer

Alpine BBX T600 (1x130w bridged or 2x50w)

I'm hoping I can simply use my current amps to power the 6 channels of the 3-way and buy a small monoblock for the sub but I'm worried things will be very underpowered.

The Focal spec sheets are a bit confusing. There is one for the whole kit, one for the woofer, one for the mid, but nothing for the tweeters. Each states 80w nominal, 160w max but surely the overall power requirements should be more than the individual components?

Can anyone tell me what the individual component power requirements are and whether I need to buy more power for the 3-way or just for the sub?

Thanks

LOMAX

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.