• Thread starter <ryan>
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<ryan>

My lightning 2.200 amp (strike) has a problem. It all of a sudden stopped running power to the sub and the amp doesn't light up..i hooked a power tester up to it and it showed that it was running power...i tested all the fuses...i also took it into the local shop and they said there was nothing wrong with the amp...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?!?!?!?

Originally posted by :My lightning 2.200 amp (strike) has a problem. It all of a sudden stopped running power to the sub and the amp doesn't light up..i hooked a power tester up to it and it showed that it was running power...i tested all the fuses...i also took it into the local shop and they said there was nothing wrong with the amp...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?!?!?!?
If there's no problem with the amp, then there might be a problem with the sub.

A problem with the sub? LOL there is no problem with the sub that will make the amp NOT COME ON... damn dude weres your brain lol anywayz

retrace those wires nice and slowly not leaving out any detail... check all terminal connections and all wires for breacks or cuts in them... its hard to say what causing it without actually looking at it

Originally posted by :A problem with the sub? LOL there is no problem with the sub that will make the amp NOT COME ON... damn dude weres your brain lol anywayz

retrace those wires nice and slowly not leaving out any detail... check all terminal connections and all wires for breacks or cuts in them... its hard to say what causing it without actually looking at it
If you had actually read his post you would have seen that he said the LIGHT doesn't come on, but he tested it with a power light and the amp is running power. He also took it to a shop that says nothing is wrong with the amp so obviously they tested it to see if the amp was running power as well.

regardless, a blown, or F'ed up sub wouldnt cause an amp not to power up.... but i may have took your statement wrong and i was just busting a little cheap joke at you, nothing serious...so dont get your panties in abunch

let me ask this...

Did the LED's on the amp power up when they tested it at the shop? if the LEDS are just burned up on the amp, then yes it is more then likely the sub has a coil froze up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.