Power Issues with Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nickum32

I'm trying to help a friend install a SoundStorm Labs F2.600 amplifier and a Power Bass 12" 500w sub into his 1993 Dodge Shadow, and we are having issues getting the amp to power on. Currently the red "protection" light will flick on when the stereo is turned on, but then nothing happens. I did test the amp and sub using a PC power supply, and it works perfectly. We got to thinking that it's the remote wire, but we are not sure of anything. He does have a Sony head unit, though I'm not sure what model, but it does have both a remote and power antenna wire. We did test the ground using the muffler, and got identical results. Any and all help is appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.