Power for 2 Zv3 15s D1

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
What is the most anyone would put daily to a pair wired to 1 ohm final? Not really wanting more than 1 amp only because of space issues. Other than that, anything is up for grabs. Any suggestions? No budget necessarily, just want best for my money. We all know they are underrated but how underrated?

What is the most anyone would put daily to a pair wired to 1 ohm final? Not really wanting more than 1 amp only because of space issues. Other than that, anything is up for grabs. Any suggestions? No budget necessarily, just want best for my money. We all know they are underrated but how underrated?
Incriminator Audio 40.1, Sundown SCV 4000, Ampere Audio 3800, Crescendo BC5500, just to name a few.

We can get you a good deal on a Taramps HD8k if you're wiring at 1 ohm. After rise you'd see around 4-5k to the pair.

A korean 4k amp is going to do about 2k after rise at 1 ohm.

[quote name='SounDrive']We can get you a good deal on a Taramps HD8k if you're wiring at 1 ohm. After rise you'd see around 4-5k to the pair.

A korean 4k amp is going to do about 2k after rise at 1 ohm.[/QUOTE]
@SounDrive, does the type of enclosure affect box rise? Is it better/worse between sealed and ported?

[quote name='macsdad']@SounDrive, does the type of enclosure affect box rise? Is it better/worse between sealed and ported?[/QUOTE]

It's not something I worry about in a daily setting. I usually figure around 2x rise, worst case to plan for the most power. Typically it will be 3x or more.

And to answer your question, it's application dependent. I've seen ported enclosures and 4th orders with both low and high rise. The 4ths tend to have a bit more rise, but not always.

It's not something I worry about in a daily setting. I usually figure around 2x rise, worst case to plan for the most power. Typically it will be 3x or more.
And to answer your question, it's application dependent. I've seen ported enclosures and 4th orders with both low and high rise. The 4ths tend to have a bit more rise, but not always.
The reason that I ask is my next set up will be my hst12mkll in .6 sealed, after displacement, on a IA20.1 at 1ohm.

Being able to clamp 3k power clean to each woofer is about as much as I'd do daily. So a good amp like a American bass 750.1 or DC 7.5k or VFL 8k or vital power 7k or sundown 7500 the list goes on and on

I know who you are, don't worry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I'll get in contact with you when I am ready to order.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.